Hooliganism proves US sports fans have finally embraced soccer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Soccer hooliganism reared its ugly head at a meeting between US rivals the New York Red Bulls and New York City FC when fans clashed ahead of a game on May 21st.
In scenes reminiscent of the clashes seen between fans in the UK, police had to intervene as tensions between rival fans led to fighting and objects being thrown outside of Yankee Stadium, which New York City FC shares with the Yankees baseball team.

Here's another video from the earlier clashes with NYCFC and NYRB fans outside Yankee Stadium...pic.twitter.com/NTfWPuyiWt

— Garry Hayes (@garryhayes) May 21, 2016
Red Bulls fans arrived and then it got nasty. Feels like England in the 80s... pic.twitter.com/VJIKyDYlC3

full article - Hooliganism proves US sports fans have finally embraced soccer (VIDEO)

this shit made me lol

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
They can claim to have embraced footie once they have done like the Italians in the 90s and thrown a moped off of the bleachers onto the field.

Also the article does fail to mention that this is not how modern football fans behave. Hooliganism was a big problem in Europe (the UK in particular) in the 80s and 90s but it is very well cleaned out now. With there only being a few cases per year of actual hooliganism. Granted I'll reserve myself regarding the leagues i eastern Europe since I do not follow them

Last edited:

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Will give them fair dues for drawing 37 858 people to the game tho.

And they say football is unheard of in America