Hip Hop/RAP Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ryan

Reaction score
J. Cole's first single off of Born Sinner due to be released on January 28, 2013.

It's a sick beat and the lyrics are pretty good, but it's not single material. As much as I hate J. Cole to put out anything too mainstream, that's what a single is supposed to be. If all the beats are this good though, it'll be a damn good album. I still wish he'd get some other producers on the project though.

[video=youtube;b6zLca6kVxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6zLca6kVxM[/video]

Of course since this is a rap video, the top comment is referencing the Illuminati. Mad World.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
At most he should do beat collabs but given how great his production is I don't mind the DIY approach at all.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
For any boom bap rap hip hop fans I would suggest you listen to Sean Price's Mic Tyson album. Love the production on it.

Ryan

Reaction score
At most he should do beat collabs but given how great his production is I don't mind the DIY approach at all.

I agree his production is good but even Kanye West gets outside help and Kanye's actually a great example of why outside help is crucial. Listen to The College Dropout and the beats are really good, but they're kind of one dimensional in that they're largely vocally driven beats. On Late Registration and on every album since, his production has been more complex as he gets help from other sources. I mean, anyone who doesn't think My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was one of the best produced albums of the past 10 years is crazy and he had tons of outside help. I think that he showcased what he could do with production on his first album but now it's time for collaborations.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
[video=youtube;M1dz6u4Jjzs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1dz6u4Jjzs[/video]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I agree his production is good but even Kanye West gets outside help and Kanye's actually a great example of why outside help is crucial. Listen to The College Dropout and the beats are really good, but they're kind of one dimensional in that they're largely vocally driven beats. On Late Registration and on every album since, his production has been more complex as he gets help from other sources. I mean, anyone who doesn't think My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was one of the best produced albums of the past 10 years is crazy and he had tons of outside help. I think that he showcased what he could do with production on his first album but now it's time for collaborations.
Kanye pretty much produced that whole MBDTF album just did collberation on the beat which is what I said I wouldn't mind seeing J. Cole do.

That sorry song is dope esp 3Stacks verse he killed it. Also love this track

[video=youtube;6_3xjer_KZY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_3xjer_KZY[/video]

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;cN4fNaUAMbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cN4fNaUAMbA[/video]

Pretty good. I love it. 50 and Em. :mark:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
O.N.I.F.C had some cool chill beats on it and all but overall was a pretty boring album on first listen.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
[video=youtube;AXca4WcCzlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXca4WcCzlo&feature=player_embedded#![/video]
:lmao

Ryan

Reaction score
[video=youtube;AXca4WcCzlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXca4WcCzlo&feature=player_embedded#![/video]
:lmao

I wanted him to throw a growl in there so badly.

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/game-jesus-piece-song.1105859.html

Probably the most anticipated track off of game's upcoming album. I actually really like it. The beat's good, the bars are pretty good. I wish Kanye had a verse, but that might've taken too much away from Game. Obviously, Common makes Game's verses look like amateur hour.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Just got done listening to the Jesus Piece album was pretty weak IMO it's like he added all the other artiest to cover up he was rapping about the same things on every track. I still would listen to it again tho.

It's in the media section btw!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I didn't care for the R.E.D. album besides a few tracks. I had no idea he was dropping another album this soon either. It sounds like it's whack by the standards of The Documentary and even L.A.X.

I think I'll skip it but I'll check out the Kanye/Common track off of it.

Edit: Common killed it.

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thing that annoys me about that Jesus Piece track that annoys me with a good amount of songs Game is on with other rappers is that he jacks the style of the rapper he is on the same track with. Trying to sound like Kanye on the hook just sounds horrible. Haven't listened to the album yet but some of the tracks that got put out sounded good some of them didn't. Really don't like the whole feature the fuck out of the album approach. The lead single on the album Celebration is a song he can't even do at a concert cause it would be short as hell to perform unless every guy on the song was there.