Get rid of Smackdown!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
You guys need to steer away from the business talk.

I'm talking about what I want as a fan, I have no stake in the WWE and don't give a shit whether they are on the verge of bankruptcy or not.

nXt never beat SD in the ratings because in the WWE pecking order it was third.....if Smackdown had nXt's format and vice versa, obviously nXt would win out......what a silly point to make......

Also, yes Primetime, I like a lot of stuff about WWE but as this is a thread about binning Smackdown it's not really going to come across as an uplifting, positive post. I like Ryback and Orton who most this forum shit all over, and the Lesnar return which you all hated, I liked.

Derp.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Times change, and Smackdown hasn't been of use for a long ass time. I don't think it's as lucrative as you want to think it is, and will be worth even less when ratings keep sliding while they push bland vanilla midgets on there.
The funny thing is this is your opinion on the SmackDown, but I could quite easily change the word SmackDown to NXT and it would fit perfectly as NXT has been beyond useless for most of the seasons now. What I also want to know is, when NXT Redemption ends (the show that is top heavy on charismatic guys such as Derrick Bateman, Percy Watson, Johnny Curtis) and the new NXT starts up from Full Sail University and they're pushing Hero, Rollins, Ambrose, Steamboat and all the other vanilla midgets from FCW, are you going to be clamouring for that to be binned aswell?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I disagree.....nXt has been the best show in wrestling since they changed from a competition to a brand, and McGuillicutty vs Kidd is easily feud of the year.

The vanilla midgets can stay in FCW though.

Ambrose and Hero have a personality so they are excused, Tyler Black and Steamboat are generic indy guys.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
They had good matches, but to call it feud of the year is outrageous.

YOU'RE NOT A HARTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I NEVER SAID I WAS A HART

That doesn't equate to feud of the year in my eyes even though I enjoyed it from the parts I saw.

Also, best in terms of what? In ring action, storylines, promos? I'd love to hear your rundown on the highlights of NXT that has made so good.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Best matches
Best storylines
Best promos
Best commentary

Just a fun show to watch, not a depressing letdown like Raw. Most the time I go in the Raw thread on here everyone seems deflated like it's a chore to watch. Smackdown is a non-event so I won't go into that, but nXt isn't like that at all, you don't come away regretting watching it and thinking about what you are doing wasting your life on such terrible things.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
First of all WWE get approximately $30 million a year for Smackdown, why would any business want to drop a show that was bringing in that kind of money?

Second, Smackdown used to be fantastic but I agree the quality has dropped lately mainly because it now has to feature RAW wrestlers, it was better when it was the Smackdown roster only. Just because it isn't the top show now doesn't mean that it should be dropped, using that logic NXT shouldn't have made it to a third season and RAW should have been dropped when Smackdown was the better show. Thankfully it doesn't work that way and most companies look longer term than that.

Smackdown is a great asset if used correctly. They have suffered in recent months because most of their top faces have been injured. Now that they are starting to return it should start to improve the show. If they stopped letting RAW stars take up time on Smackdown then it would improve the show immensely because the stars would actually get a chance to prove themselves. With Orton and Mysterio both suspended on Smackdown right now it is a great chance for faces like Christian, Sin Cara and Sheamus to take control of the show and take it in a new direction.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
You guys need to steer away from the business talk.

I'm talking about what I want as a fan, I have no stake in the WWE and don't give a shit whether they are on the verge of bankruptcy or not.

nXt never beat SD in the ratings because in the WWE pecking order it was third.....if Smackdown had nXt's format and vice versa, obviously nXt would win out......what a silly point to make......

Also, yes Primetime, I like a lot of stuff about WWE but as this is a thread about binning Smackdown it's not really going to come across as an uplifting, positive post. I like Ryback and Orton who most this forum shit all over, and the Lesnar return which you all hated, I liked.

Derp.

Funny thing is, I don't mind Ryback although squashes are kinda annoying, I dislike Orton but agree with him being around and am kinda upset he got suspended and I didn't mind Lesnar's return at all.

Thing is, WWE could make a few adjustments and Smackdown would be great again....

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
First of all WWE get approximately $30 million a year for Smackdown, why would any business want to drop a show that was bringing in that kind of money?

Well king smark Meltzer once said it costs double live than it does taped, and Raw costs $500k per episode to put on. So assuming that is true and Smackdown = $250k per ep, x52 weeks a year = $13m in expenses. You honestly think they can't get that money elsewhere?

With all the original wrestling programming they'll have to produce to keep the Network afloat Smackdown will be a sideshow anyway. I guess they will keep it but it's the worst wrestling show out there (apart from ROH) and it makes a lot of sense to get rid IMO.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Makes alot of sense to get rid...

It really doesn't make ANY sense to get rid.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
GM was dying a few years ago, now it's in full comeback mode.

Bad analogy, Smackdown could recover too, but it should just be a second show to further storylines. '

Enough of the brand extension, and get rid of the WHC and merge the IC and US title and make WWE programming what it was before they bought WCW. Two shows, to promote PPVs and more focus on secondary guys and tag teams.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the way to build more stars. WWE used to do this better than anyone, I don't know why they changed the recipe when it didn't need to be changed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well king smark Meltzer once said it costs double live than it does taped, and Raw costs $500k per episode to put on. So assuming that is true and Smackdown = $250k per ep, x52 weeks a year = $13m in expenses. You honestly think they can't get that money elsewhere?

With all the original wrestling programming they'll have to produce to keep the Network afloat Smackdown will be a sideshow anyway. I guess they will keep it but it's the worst wrestling show out there (apart from ROH) and it makes a lot of sense to get rid IMO.

I do honestly think that they can't get that money elsewhere. They tried to shop around Superstars and NXT when their deals were up but no-one wanted them. They will struggle to get even $10 million from a Network for any other show.

With regards to Smackdown being the worst show out there I still don't see how that means it should be removed. Let's say that it is the worse show out there at the moment, well three years ago RAW was the worst show on television so should WWE have removed RAW three years ago? Smackdown has been a great show in previous years and if they allowed them to focus on the Smackdown roster and allow more wrestling like they did previously on Smackdown then it will be a better show.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
To fix SMACKDOWN this is what should happen. One take it off syfy and put it on USA, that will boost ratings a bit. Second is all new guys need to be pushed as a face not a heel, when u want to shock the wwe when turning a big face heel, you do it when ur pushing a new star to get over with the fans as the heel is already over because the heel was once a big time face . Thus it's a win win like right now big show is heel that's when you take RYBACK and have the two of them feud Kane as heel vs wade Barrett as a clean winning face. That's how I think stars will get over instead of over looked by fans. Let's face it with dolph ziggler heel and him falling to a big time face no one is gonna take ziggler seriously or notice his talent unless the wwe gives the average fan a reason to notice and care about ziggler or any other guy like the miz ect

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
To fix SMACKDOWN this is what should happen. One take it off syfy and put it on USA, that will boost ratings a bit. Second is all new guys need to be pushed as a face not a heel, when u want to shock the wwe when turning a big face heel, you do it when ur pushing a new star to get over with the fans as the heel is already over because the heel was once a big time face . Thus it's a win win like right now big show is heel that's when you take RYBACK and have the two of them feud Kane as heel vs wade Barrett as a clean winning face. That's how I think stars will get over instead of over looked by fans. Let's face it with dolph ziggler heel and him falling to a big time face no one is gonna take ziggler seriously or notice his talent unless the wwe gives the average fan a reason to notice and care about ziggler or any other guy like the miz ect
Not gonna lie, this bit confused the fuck out of me. Guys need to be a face because when you want to shock people by turning him heel you do it while pushing him as a face because the heel is already over because he wants once a big time face?

You can't just make it as simple as push all guys as a face because it just doesn't work like that. Wade Barrett is never a clean winning face in a million years, that's a terrible idea.

People aren't not taking Ziggler or Miz seriously because they're heels, but because they're made to look a non entity.