General WrestleMania Discussion Thread - Saturday April 6th & Sunday April 7th 2024

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If they split the belts, cool.

But if they don’t, can we just get one set of tag belts?

Reactions: Y2Jayne and Vegeta

Skyefire

Wrestling Goddest
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
VQVzDYO
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
This is not a prediction, it's a spoiler for the I-C Title Match at WrestleMania
Chad Gable screws Sami out of the title

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I like that a lot better than the Monster, that felt like it was doing it just because lmao but this one fits

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20240314_WM40_Match_USTitle_FC_Date--12ac2e3b4d8728b4e69129d97d586023.jpg

Logan Paul vs. Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens (United States Title Triple Threat Match)​

At WrestleMania XL, United States Champion Logan Paul faces an immense challenge as he defends his title against Randy Orton and Kevin Owens in a Triple Threat Match.

The Social Media Megastar has been making more enemies than allies since dethroning Rey Mysterio for the U.S. Title last October at WWE Crown Jewel.

Paul wronged Owens by cheating his way to a disqualification victory during their match at Royal Rumble earlier this year, and KO has since been unrelenting in his pursuit of Paul.

At WWE Elimination Chamber, Paul made another enemy in Randy Orton. After Orton eliminated Paul with an RKO, The Social Media Megastar feigned an injury to remain inside the chamber before striking The Viper with brass knuckles and allowing Drew McIntyre to pin Orton to clinch a World Heavyweight Title Match at WrestleMania.

After Paul mocked SmackDown General Manager Nick Aldis for not announcing a match for Paul at WrestleMania, Aldis announced Paul would defend his title against KO and The Viper.

Paul now must contend with two former U.S. Champions who have championship pedigree and several signature wins at WrestleMania.

Both Orton and Owens have won titles and competed in main events at WrestleMania, something Paul has yet to do.

Paul famously broke the internet at last year’s WrestleMania when he faced Seth “Freakin” Rollins, eclipsing records with the views he achieved on social media.

The U.S. Champion seems certain to once again break social media, but can he retain his title against two hungry challengers?

20240314_WM40_Match_LA_AJ_FC_Date--32eb00ba6b6c680c1b3195a78d12d47f.jpg

LA Knight vs. AJ Styles​

One Superstar is out to make AJ Styles' WrestleMania 40 experience a hard day's Knight.

When LA Knight was competing inside the Elimination Chamber, Styles barged into the structure to attack him and disrupt his efforts to become the No. 1 Contender to World Heavyweight Champion Seth "Freakin" Rollins at WrestleMania.

Ever since the Premium Live Event, Knight as been on a tireless quest to track down The Phenomenal One, looking everywhere from backstage at SmackDown, to catering, and even at various places outside of WWE.

Unable to find his would-be adversary in order to get payback, Knight challenged Styles to a bout at The Show of Shows. As soon as the challenge was issued, however, Styles suddenly executed another vicious assault on Knight before declaring that he will see him at WrestleMania.

20240314_WM40_Match_JimmyJey_FC_Date--c869f07a5189c739144d6791c2ce02ae.jpg

Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso​

Some would say that a WrestleMania match pitting Jey Uso against his brother Jimmy Uso has been less than a year in the making, ever since Jimmy Uso turned against Jey to "protect him" at SummerSlam prior to Jey superkicking Jimmy and quitting The Bloodline and SmackDown.

Others might argue that it was destined from the day Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns formed The Bloodline. Or perhaps it was even 38 years ago when The Usos first came into the world together.

Regardless of the reason, "Main Event" Jey Uso and his estranged sibling are about to square off on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

Several times, Jimmy and The Bloodline have come to Raw to start trouble and mess with Jey, including costing him an Intercontinental Title Match against Gunther. Jimmy, on the other hand, carries the resentment of his brother leaving him and The Bloodline in what he deems to be Jey's attempt to make himself a bigger star.

The animosity between the brothers boiled over with Jey's shocking WrestleMania challenge, one that Jimmy was happy to accept.

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Oh hey, the triple threat like I figured would happen.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Since the common answer seems to be Seth, what are peoples thoughts on Cody being the one who gets pinned on Night 1?

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Would be classic Vince booking to have the world title challenger look like a total loser lol

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
20240318_WM40_Match_6PackLadder_FC_Date--e6011a61b45e9cef9eeea304bcca4ced.jpg

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Six-Pack Tag Team Ladder Match​

At WrestleMania, The Judgment Day face an uphill battle, literally, as they contend with five other teams in a brutal Six-Pack Tag Team Ladder Match for their Undisputed WWE Tag Team Titles.

Damian Priest and Finn Bálor have been dominant in their second reign as tag team champions, overcoming almost every tag team in WWE.

At WrestleMania, however, their dominance may end, as five other teams can claim supremacy by retrieving the titles.

Raw General Manager Adam Pearce and SmackDown General Manager Nick Aldis decided which teams would compete, with three from Raw and two from SmackDown rounding out the field.

On the March 18 episode of Raw, #DIY, Awesome Truth and The New Day earned the right to compete in the Ladder Match by defeating The Creed Brothers, Indus Sher and Alpha Academy, respectively.

On the SmackDown side, the two teams will be decided in a tournament, with teams like Legado del Fantasma and New Catch Republic already advancing to the second round.

Which two SmackDown teams will complete the field? Check back here in the following weeks to find out!

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This is Paul Heyman's INCREDIBLE explanation of how the Roman Reigns 'Tribal Chief' character was created, including the movie that he told Roman to watch for inspiration: "The character of Roman Reigns as the Tribal Chief, by way of example, is inspired by Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now. When we first started talking about the presentation of the Tribal Chief, I had Roman Reigns watch Apocalypse Now multiple times, because to me, that was the heart and soul of the character of the Tribal Chief - a warrior so great that he conquered his own island. We call it the Island of Relevancy. "Someone who now, all the natives, which is the WWE Universe, all the fans, all the performers on the roster, look to for guidance because he's the top star. In Apocalypse Now, Brando presented himself as a pseudo God. We call it a Tribal Chief. "And then, as everyone relies on Kurtz, Brando in Apocalypse Now, on this island for guidance, for wisdom, for substance, for food, for shelter, ‘you will lead us to the promised land, to the Island of Relevancy' - he feels the burden of the responsibility, of the obligation, of the accountability, to be the leader of all these people. And he resents them so much that when Martin Sheen kills them and opens up the book, Kurtz had written 'drop the bomb, kill them all'. "Because he resented those that looked to him for the guidance that he wanted to give them in the beginning and then that obligation became too much for him to bear. And that's where they villainry of Roman Reigns comes in, because he sits there and he says 'acknowledge me as your Tribal Chief', and once you acknowledge him, he just looks at you and says "someone else I’m responsible for'." (2024 Barrett Sports Media Summit)

Load image
95 KB

https://twitter.com/WrestleTalk_TV/status/1770066412985254365

Reactions: Jimmy King

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
20240318_WM40_Match_6PackLadder_FC_Date--e6011a61b45e9cef9eeea304bcca4ced.jpg

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Six-Pack Tag Team Ladder Match​

At WrestleMania, The Judgment Day face an uphill battle, literally, as they contend with five other teams in a brutal Six-Pack Tag Team Ladder Match for their Undisputed WWE Tag Team Titles.

Damian Priest and Finn Bálor have been dominant in their second reign as tag team champions, overcoming almost every tag team in WWE.

At WrestleMania, however, their dominance may end, as five other teams can claim supremacy by retrieving the titles.

Raw General Manager Adam Pearce and SmackDown General Manager Nick Aldis decided which teams would compete, with three from Raw and two from SmackDown rounding out the field.

On the March 18 episode of Raw, #DIY, Awesome Truth and The New Day earned the right to compete in the Ladder Match by defeating The Creed Brothers, Indus Sher and Alpha Academy, respectively.

On the SmackDown side, the two teams will be decided in a tournament, with teams like Legado del Fantasma and New Catch Republic already advancing to the second round.

Which two SmackDown teams will complete the field? Check back here in the following weeks to find out!
Good for DIY.

I know it’s been their dream to compete at a WrestleMania and if my memory is correct, this is their first one

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I mentioned this last night, but has this been probably the most hotly anticipated WrestleMania of the last 15 years?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not sure but the card is ridiculously good. Fresh matches, hype matches and banger matches.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I mentioned this last night, but has this been probably the most hotly anticipated WrestleMania of the last 15 years?

I mean last year was really hot so that's the competition is if it feels hotter or not. I think slightly yes. Outside of that, yeah since maybe 2014 for me

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
In all honesty, I can't recall being THIS excited about a Wrestlemania since I was a teenager. I used to get so pumped for the shows back then and as I got older, that all sort of evened out with expectations. But I just get the feeling this is going to be a different show than we have seen before.

As much as I have not liked Roman's "reign" as champion, the fact that he has held the titles for so long gives the main event the sort of big fight feeling that I don't get out of shows like I used to.