Fantasy Basketball

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I would hope so cause a 1st round draft pick being the thing would be stupid in that case.

Heard about that to which is part why I've been like anti Amare. The unappreciation should have came from the fact that the team was shopping him not cause of the contract.

Non-guaranteeing a guys cash but paying Steve Nash 17mil or so a year, fully guaranteed despite his back problems and minute limitations would rub you the wrong way if you were Amare. Not only did they try to trade his ass hard last deadline, but they also said we don't want to give you max money despite being our best player and only inside threat on the team.

The Knicks went out of their way and gave him cash and red carpet treatment. They also gave him better talent to play with than Phoenix could offer him, a bigger market, and the possibility of adding another star due to their cap space since their owners isn't too cheap to pay.

Lets be real here, which sounds better:
- Give Amare 100 mil
- Pay Frye (25), Warrick (20), Childress (30), and Turkoglu (40) the same almost between themselves during same summer

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Non-guaranteeing a guys cash but paying Steve Nash 17mil or so a year, fully guaranteed despite his back problems and minute limitations would rub you the wrong way if you were Amare. Not only did they try to trade his ass hard last deadline, but they also said we don't want to give you max money despite being our best player and only inside threat on the team.

The Knicks went out of their way and gave him cash and red carpet treatment. They also gave him better talent to play with than Phoenix could offer him, a bigger market, and the possibility of adding another star due to their cap space since their owners isn't too cheap to pay.

Lets be real here, which sounds better:
- Give Amare 100 mil
- Pay Frye (25), Warrick (20), Childress (30), and Turkoglu (40) the same almost between themselves during same summer
Man hush you were the main one saying how the man didn't deserve the contract as he was not an elite player and it would have been stupid for the Suns to pay him :lol: not to mention how u thought they should have traded him.

SAL

Reaction score
Who cares if it was a bad decision? How does that equate to respect? And why does any athlete think the audience that hears their drivel will have any sympathy for them? SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PUT A BALL INTO A BASKET FOR MY AMUSEMENT, THANK YOU.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Man hush you were the main one saying how the man didn't deserve the contract as he was not an elite player and it would have been stupid for the Suns to pay him :lol: not to mention how u thought they should have traded him.

First off I never said he wasn't elite, I said he wasn't a superstar which he isn't. There are only a hand full of them in the league and he doesn't qualify for that tier, which still doesn't take away the fact that he played better than Nash in the playoffs and second half of last season.

I did however say they should trade him. They made the situation bad by not trading him and worse by not negotiating guaranteed cash with him. I'm not even going to touch the fact that they gave up his bird rights and took away any chance to negotiate a sign and trade for him which was just stupid (New York was smart as they never gave Lee's rights up).

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Who cares if it was a bad decision? How does that equate to respect? And why does any athlete think the audience that hears their drivel will have any sympathy for them? SHUT THE FUCK UP AND PUT A BALL INTO A BASKET FOR MY AMUSEMENT, THANK YOU.

How does money and being treated right equate to respect when an owner makes cash off your likeness from merchandising, television rights, and so on?

If you are a top salesman you get a company car, paid vacations, corner office, and so on. If you are a top lawyer you get a partnership in a firm and more money.

When you are the best player on a team that no one with more or equal star power wants to come to and play on, you should likewise get a max salary. That is where the respect comes in.

Buss himself said it. Kobe's play at 35 or 36 won't be worth the 30mil, but out of respect for what he means to his franchise both as a player and financially (Pincus said the least Kobe has made him solely through just his likeness and merch without Shaq is 80mil in 05) he gave him that money. When an owner shows a player that respect, other players see it and say I want to play there and be part of that family. When they don't you get what you see in teams like Phoenix, Cleveland, Toronto, and the Clippers who can only get true talent through the draft or through trades.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
First off I never said he wasn't elite, I said he wasn't a superstar which he isn't. There are only a hand full of them in the league and he doesn't qualify for that tier, which still doesn't take away the fact that he played better than Nash in the playoffs and second half of last season.

I did however say they should trade him. They made the situation bad by not trading him and worse by not negotiating guaranteed cash with him. I'm not even going to touch the fact that they gave up his bird rights and took away any chance to negotiate a sign and trade for him which was just stupid (New York was smart as they never gave Lee's rights up).
If you think the Suns are in trouble now imagine if they didn't have Nash. It's downright fucking Blue if his feeling disrespected had anything to do with Nash getting paid when Nash damn near spoon fed him a all star career. I still think they should have kept Amare and still think they never should have entertained the idea of trading him. And yes the Suns front office was stupid. But as far as disrespect unless it's about the fact that he kept getting brought up in trade talks he needs to stfu about that. However based on the what he said before this game started against the Suns it looks like that passed as far as feeling that way.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's that Shawn Marion effect. They constantly did the same shop him publicly but say we aren't shopping him shit to him. Then low balled him in negotiations. He had seen the same routine before with Marion and even Johnson to a degree.

As for Nash, you can honestly replace him as his style of basketball doesn't amount to winning shit. They have gave him talent, paid the tax, and did everything they could to win with him. They aren't making the finals with him and the style he needs to play to be successful as witnessed by the Porter era. You could just as easily plug in Kidd for him (or in Amare's case, Felton even) with the right coaching and be a better team since you get a better defensive mindset with him and he actually can tell guys about what it takes to get to the dance.

------

See ya Big O. Hello, Kobe at the 9th spot on the all time scoring list

SAL

Reaction score
How does money and being treated right equate to respect when an owner makes cash off your likeness from merchandising, television rights, and so on?

If you are a top salesman you get a company car, paid vacations, corner office, and so on. If you are a top lawyer you get a partnership in a firm and more money.

When you are the best player on a team that no one with more or equal star power wants to come to and play on, you should likewise get a max salary. That is where the respect comes in.

Buss himself said it. Kobe's play at 35 or 36 won't be worth the 30mil, but out of respect for what he means to his franchise both as a player and financially (Pincus said the least Kobe has made him solely through just his likeness and merch without Shaq is 80mil in 05) he gave him that money. When an owner shows a player that respect, other players see it and say I want to play there and be part of that family. When they don't you get what you see in teams like Phoenix, Cleveland, Toronto, and the Clippers who can only get true talent through the draft or through trades.

Your whole post is bullshit. The part I bolded is double bullshit. The NBA is like every other business in the world, a business. Owners have no obligation to hand piles of cash to every player out of "respect," and players have no right to cry about being disrespected when they can just get the money from someone else. It's called free agency. I can't listen to another player or agent call an offer a "slap in the face" or a sign of disrespect.

The best part is that you even admit the Lakers have an ulterior motive for paying Kobe, showing other players that they'll treat them nice. When you have a ton of money in the first place, it's easy to be "respectful," isn't it? Please stop telling yourself that the team you arbitrarily root for is some kind of paragon of virtue. For fuck's sake.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
When that player is your best player, moves seat, jerseys, and sales tickets and advertising revenue you do. It is called equal compensation. You compensate the player for what they bring in, and even then certain franchise get away with underpaying because of the cap as you and I both know there are players like Kobe and LeBron who are worth 50mil plus to teams annually just from a business perspective. .

They gave Magic a share of the franchise for his service, Worthy and Norm full time announcing gigs, Green has an exec job, West was GM for years, Rambis was named assistant coach as soon as he stop playing, Shaw was given an assistant job as soon as he stopped playing, and they made Cooper the head coach of the Sparks because he wanted to see if he could coach (Buss owned them back then). They even offered Horry and Fox full time gigs as analysts. It is no secret that Fisher and Walton have assistant coaching jobs waiting for them, that Kobe will get a share of the team, and that Odom and Pau will be given front office roles by Jeanie's own admission. That is just how they do things because they promote respect for service and believe that certain players are "Lakers for life"

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's that Shawn Marion effect. They constantly did the same shop him publicly but say we aren't shopping him shit to him. Then low balled him in negotiations. He had seen the same routine before with Marion and even Johnson to a degree.

As for Nash, you can honestly replace him as his style of basketball doesn't amount to winning shit. They have gave him talent, paid the tax, and did everything they could to win with him. They aren't making the finals with him and the style he needs to play to be successful as witnessed by the Porter era. You could just as easily plug in Kidd for him (or in Amare's case, Felton even) with the right coaching and be a better team since you get a better defensive mindset with him and he actually can tell guys about what it takes to get to the dance.

------

See ya Big O. Hello, Kobe at the 9th spot on the all time scoring list
You really REALLY are underrating Steve Nash and it is a shame. He isn't easily replaceable as not everyone has the type of passing ability he has not to mention the fact that believe it or not he is one of the best shooters of all time. For all we know them going to more of a half court team could have no won shit either.

SAL

Reaction score
They gave Magic a share of the franchise for his service, Worthy and Norm full time announcing gigs, Green has an exec job, West was GM for years, Rambis was named assistant coach as soon as he stop playing, Shaw was given an assistant job as soon as he stopped playing, and they made Cooper the head coach of the Sparks because he wanted to see if he could coach (Buss owned them back then). They even offered Horry and Fox full time gigs as analysts. It is no secret that Fisher and Walton have assistant coaching jobs waiting for them, that Kobe will get a share of the team, and that Odom and Pau will be given front office roles by Jeanie's own admission. That is just how they do things because they promote respect for service and believe that certain players are "Lakers for life"

:lol: You're such a fucking clown. I can't stand it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sal, Buss isn't even one of the richest owners in the league and he doesn't have any other means of income outside of the Lakers so "tons of money" is a stretch. He has a lot but he is no Cuban or Allen by a long shot

You really REALLY are underrating Steve Nash and it is a shame. He isn't easily replaceable as not everyone has the type of passing ability he has not to
mention the fact that believe it or not he is one of the best shooters of all time. For all we know them going to more of a half court team could have no won shit either.

You can place many PGs on a team with Amare, J-rich, and Grant Hill and make the playoffs. Lets be real, they have never truly contended (made the finals) with Nash at the helm so it isn't like a Jason Kidd can't do what he has done but better (see Jersey) and for less.

* I used Kidd because Nash had an opt out the same year he was a free agent a couple of seasons ago.

SAL

Reaction score
Sal, Buss isn't even one of the richest owners in the league and he doesn't have any other means of income outside of the Lakers so "tons of money" is a stretch.

You can place many PGs on a team with Amare, J-rich, and Grant Hill and make the playoffs. Lets be real, they have never truly contended (made the finals) with Nash at the helm so it isn't like a Jason Kidd can't do what he has done but better (see Jersey) and for less.

* I used Kidd because Nash had an opt out the same year he was a free agent a couple of seasons ago.

Stop. Seriously. Stop. Stop. Stop posting. Stop. You're making things up now. Stop.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
How the fuck do both Blake (sprained ankle) and Barnes (sprained knee) get hurt in the same game? :no:

SAL

Reaction score
I just can't get over the fact that you think the Lakers front office is this group of Mother Teresas. No other team has former players on their staff after they retire! No other team plays max salaries to players who might not deserve it! Hell, Isiah Thomas was the most respectful figure in NBA history by your metrics.