Dixie Carter's twitter account suspended

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

^Was there really a need to bump a thread that is over a year and a half old?

LadyHotrod

^ Who cares? At least he is contributing to the topic.

I don't think that someone has to watch a whole bunch of different brands of wrestling to be considered a fan. I used to watch WCW from time to time and I watch TNA on occasion but I will forever be a WWE mark. I've been watching it since I was 3 years old and I still love it. It's the one brand I will never stray away from.

xtremebadass

If you are a wrestling fan, then you watch wrestling no matter what it is because you are a fan. There is no such thing as a Wrestling "geek." Wrestling could never be considered geeky. Wrestling is pretty bad, but not to a point where someone can make fun of you. It's just a sport, sure it's sports entertainment, but why make fun of the wrestling kid when you can make fun of the star trek kid?

NinoBrown

Reaction score
You can still be made fun of for watching wrestling because most times when you say "oh I watch wrestling" first thing that comes to peoples mind is the WWE and how unpopular it's been in the past years.

J

Yeah I dealt with that shit all the time at school. Yet again people will try to make fun of anything now a days.

Jayfunk

Reaction score
My First Post

A REAL Wrestling fan is someone who watches Wrestling for the Wrestling not for gimmicks and storylines, I like storylines only if they are realistic and more down to earth.

I agree totally

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Hmm.... I'm not sure what a real wrestling fan is; care to enlighten me? I enjoy the storyline aspect of professional wrestling, though I do watch Lucha Libre and Puro and I say, I'm training in collegiate. What does this make me? Normally, these debacles are nothing but opinions, obviously, and sometimes they just scream 'elitism'.

Peeps in school sometimes give me a hard time, though some still genuinely like wrestling. You know what I think it is? Perhaps after the Monday Night Wars, when kayfabe was dying, some fans felt kinda betrayed; the very notion of the sport they're watching is scripted, WTF? I think the sudden realization of this made them take a grudge towards it, and so they try to demean others in the hopes their days of forgetting the 'glory' days. Some still talk of The Rock and Stone Cold, Hulk Hogan, Booker T, and others, though when I mention Batista, John Cena, Randy Orton, some go, "Who?"

the dark knight

i hate repeating what i say. but.....ok

fan: someone who likes something enough to the degree where he/she WOULD pay some of their earned money on watching...

something that ill repeat for the 1002345934th time, anybody who watches wrestling for "wrestling" is a flaming homosexual. even rell, who used to argue with me a lot about the subject agreed :p
Why do people seem to believe ROH is only wrestling? You do know they have gimmicks, character, angles, etc. right? Its just another wrestling company like everything else...and also haven't you noticed every single ROH fan on this site watches WWE, TNA, and other wrestling promotions as well (Montana, Soulpower, etc)? You probably think they don't criticize ROH but if you check the section you will see that their is a lets hate Erick Stevens thread going on right now. So overall, you're either misinformed, or plain Blue.

and if anyone watches wrestling for only wrestling matches, yes they are homosexual :laugh:

Jayfunk

Reaction score
something that ill repeat for the 1002345934th time, anybody who watches wrestling for "wrestling" is a flaming homosexual. even rell, who used to argue with me a lot about the subject agreed

so if you watch boxing or MMA they are also homosexual, i think not! some people don't like all the over the top storylines or crap gimmicks and rather watch two wrestlers go at it for 30 mins in the ring

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
This is how I see it

If you watch just WWE-Your a WWE Fan

If you watch just TNA-Your a TNA Fan

Same with ROH and all that

But if you watch all of them and maybe you can add going to Indy shows(thats only if any are near you) then your a wrestling fan....which is what I am

I watch WWE and TNA cause its all I can get here....I go to Indy shows when I can because its more wrestling and also more interactive..

I was just at one last Sunday and like I was booing one of the wrestlers he stopped and front of me and tried to show off and I gave him the whole "You ain't nuttin" then like he wins his match comes back to me and say "who ain't nuttin now" and I say "YOU"

Anyway...lol...yeah remember

a WWE Fan watches just WWE

a TNA Fan watches just TNA

a ROH fan watches just ROH

and so and so on

but a true wrestling fan watches all the wrestling he can.

Moonlight Drive

This is fucking dumb. I hate people are like that, alll elitist and act like they are a 'real' fan because they watch indies.

You know who decides if your a wrestling fan?

YOU. You can only watch Raw, if you think you're a wrestling fan, you're a wrestling fan. You can only watch RoH, if you think you're a wrestling fan, you're a wrestling fan. Bottom line, it doesn't matter HOW much wrestling you watch, it's how much you ENJOY the wrestling. And nothing more.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well thats your opinion and I respect that

and if your referring to me....about local indys I said if you got one..but didn't say u had to go...

I mean really...If you say your a wrestling fan right but don't watch TNA and someone who is a TNA fan ask you about who your favorite TNA star...Whos your favorite TNA Knockout and all this stuff and you don't watch it your like don't watch it...in there mind your not one...but like I said its your opinion...

Me like I said I consider someome who watches all the wrestling they can

You ain't gotta watch ROH..I don't cause I don't get it...but I watch all the wrestling I can...so thats what I consider a wrestling fan...you know..

Moonlight Drive

Not directed at you, just elitist fans in general.

The fact of the matter is, if you intentionally watch wrestling of any kind at any time, you can call yourself a fan. It doesn't matter if you only watch TNA, if you like the wrestling on TNA, then you're a wrestling fan. I don't see how not watching all the wrestling around makes you less of a fan, maybe you're just not interested in it.

I just hate fans who think they are more of a fan than others because they watch more wrestling. It doesn't matter how much you watch for fucks sake, if you like it, you're a fan.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah I know how you feel..

People who watch ROH say that about me...I mean hell I wanna watch it but I can't...I might get the ROH PPV but idk why I should I have really no idea whats going on at the moment...You know