Dixie Carter announces changes to Lockdown

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Dixie Carter posted the following #Impact365 video, announcing that Lockdown will be an all-steel cage format again. The all-cage theme was done away with last year, with only the top two matches taking place in a cage.
[video=youtube;gKm4KxKn9RI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKm4KxKn9RI[/video]
My first thought was...that's some bad hat harry. :lol:

I never had a major problem with the all-cage PPV provided all the matches had a point to being in the cage in the first place.

Castiel

Reaction score
Is Lockdown an actual PPV or TV?

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I don't like having every match in a cage. It takes away from the appeal from the prestige of a cage match. I miss when specialty matches were saved for rare and meaningful occasions.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I don't like having every match in a cage. It takes away from the appeal from the prestige of a cage match. I miss when specialty matches were saved for rare and meaningful occasions.

Yeah, sadly TNA killed the prestige of it's cage matches a long time ago. Hell, they ran 2 on Impact a few weeks ago just to hype the Angle/Roode cage match that was happening the next week......

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I didn't see impact for a few months because the area I was in didn't have Spike. Was the Cage matches that were used to hype the match, even using either of the two wrestlers involved in the hyped match?

DuFour

Reaction score
I think as long as they don't have any cage matches on any other event all year and literally just Lockdown has the cage matches, it's cool. I actually kind of like that every match is a cage match because that way we get to see the knockouts work in a cage, you get to see guys that under normal circumstances be in a cage match, like the undercard guys. I'll probably illegally down this pay per view for sure.