CMLL fire two stars after backstage dispute

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
CMLL have fired two members of the Alvarado wrestling family (Also known as the Brazo family in wrestling), Maximo and La Mascara following a backstage dispute.

Brazo de oro passed away late last month and at the time of his passing he was the head of the wrestler's union in CMLL. After he passed that title was handed to senior wrestler and locker room figure Ultimo Guerrero. This however did not sit well with Brazo's family, who felt that the title should have gone to one of them. And yesterday Maximo, his brother who wrestles as Psycho Clown for AAA and their cousin who wrestles as La Mascara and a bunch of other family members decided to send a message to Ultimo, by wrecking his car. And it got caught on video since they just did it in a public parking garage next to the CMLL venue.

This of course had consequences. Ultimo is very popular in the locker room (probably a reason why he became the new union leader to begin with) and with the backstage decision makers. So Maximo and La Mascara are now fired, them being the CMLL heavyweight and light heavyweight champions respectively did not matter at all. They are out.

Where they end up will be interesting, it will probably end up being AAA who have been signing a lot of Alvarado's lately. But another factor is what they will be called since CMLL owns their ring names and La Mascara's gimmick as a los ingobernables member. It will also be interesting to see if this has any other consequences/effects in the locker room, as in other talents jumping ship.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
In a lot of ways Mexican wrestling is the last outpost of old school territory behavior. Some battle lines are very clearly drawn, both between promotions and between families.