Royal Rumble Cena, Styles and the Road to WrestleMania.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
A picture leaked like yesterday or so potentially spoiling the Royal Rumble for Smackdown Live. Aj Styles and John Cena are to fight once more in a 2 out of 3 falls match at Elimination Chamber:

EC-AJ-Cena.jpg

This kinda calls into question more than just the WWE championship feud but like the entire RtWM for SDlive. Where will the undertaker fit into all of this? I imagine he'll make an appearance at Royal Rumble or SDlive after to confront either Styles or Cena. What did he mean about not letting WrestleMania define him? Eh...I guess we'll find out in due time.

More importantly, who walks out of Royal Rumble and into EC champion? I would assume Styles via heel shenanigans. I wouldn't be surprised if WWE just gave Cena his 16th championship win at Rumble. It's a WM-teir event and they probably need some big moments on the show. Would a loss to Cena really hurt Styles at this point? I feel if Cena does win it'll have to be a double turn because he would certainly get booed out of the building.
Best case Scenario IMO would be Styles holding the belt to WM33 but if Undertaker Vs. Cena does happen who else, realistically, could challenge Styles at 'mania other than Cena? Maybe Undertaker wins the Royal Rumble and we get 'Taker/Styles/Cena for the championship at WrestleMania...holy shit that sounds amazing!!

Another question is what's the chamber going to be used for? IC championship? Tag team elimination or and actually not completely off the table, first ever Women's EC match? Bliss,Lynch,Nikki,Nattie,Carmella and whoever La luchadora turns out to be? Hell yeah!! Probably not gonna happen but could you imagine!

Lots of interesting things could go down in the next couple of months...

Reactions: Solidus1

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
is that a legit poster? or just a rumoured leak?

If its legit, i reckon they might do the chamber for the next #1 contender for mania / IC.

Women's would be cool but not sure if that's gonna go down.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
is that a legit poster? or just a rumoured leak?

If its legit, i reckon they might do the chamber for the next #1 contender for mania / IC.

Women's would be cool but not sure if that's gonna go down.

It was released by Ticketmaster on their website. Obviously got taken down but this is the internet where nothing stays gone forever.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If that poster is to be believed, then Styles surely retains at the Rumble via some shenanigans.

As for the EC, yeah, it might be used for the IC title or the tag titles.

We don't know what they're going to do in the next couple of months and that's the most interesting part.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you may have either heard or read about this but since I haven't seen anyone else mention it, I figured I'd do so given it's a pretty big deal.

As we all know, Aj Styles will be defending his World Title at the Rumble against John Cena and there's obviously a lot of talk in regards to this match but it appears that Ticketmaster may have spoiled the outcome cause a few days ago they started selling tickets for Smackdown's next exclusive PPV, the Elimination Chamber and what they advertised as the main event was Aj Styles DEFENDING his title against John Cena in a 2 out of 3 Falls match.

They actually had some kind of poster of the two while advertising this match but as expected, it was taken down a few hours later for obvious reasons. Whether this means anything is really anyones guess by now and, if true, it could even force WWE to change plans, if indeed the plan was for AJ to retain.

My original thought here was that AJ would probably retain anyway only because I figured they would elect to save John Cena's tying Ric Flair's record for Mania (it is that miuch of a big deal anyway) but, again, if all the above. is accurate, it certainly makes things a lot more interesting as far as how WWE will choose to act or react. Come to think of it, there are quite a few variables you need to consider. Where does the Undertaker fit in all this? Who will Cena defeat at Mania if that indeed is the plan? If AJ drops the belt either at the Rumble or at the Chamber, do we get a triple threat at Mania with both Cena and Undertaker? If they go all the way with AJ vs. Cena at Mania, who does Taker face?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Hmm This has happened before. I can't recall what it was, but something was spoiled by ticket sales.

I can't recall what the outcome of that was though. Like if they actually changed it up or left it as is. It will make things more interesting!

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Will be good, unsure why Cena always gets a title match when he returns from a break now but I guess he is technically the shit. I would like to see Styles win again and hold the belt, well maybe John can win here, tie the record then drop it to AJ at Chamber, then AJ faces the man that gives the smarks boners, Shinksuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania. But I only dream... Cena going into mania champ gives a chance to pass the torch to someone else if he wants to do that. And I got no problem either man being champion.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Well for one thing the title would likely be defended inside the Chamber as is tradition.

Secondly I'm not going to take your word on it so unless there is evidence this is a dud.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
If they are going to set up Taker vs Cena then this is the perfect situation for them to do it

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
How so? The title really adds nothing to the feud and having Cena tie Flair's record should be something held for a Wrestlemania main event.

Im not saying have Cena win. Im saying have Taker cost him the match. U know have Undertaker shut the lights off and play the gong and have Cena lose. The typical routine. Super Cena then challenges him to a match at Wrestlemania.

MGS32

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Im not saying have Cena win. Im saying have Taker cost him the match. U know have Undertaker shut the lights off and play the gong and have Cena lose. The typical routine. Super Cena then challenges him to a match at Wrestlemania.
I would much prefer this but knowing WWE they'll reward AJ Styles for his year of excellent work with an undercard match and a Roman Reigns coronation in the main event of Mania.