Bryan vs Ziggler

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was anyone else surprised by how well these two worked together in their two matches so far?

Ziggler has certainly impressed me because I didn't realise he had that in him. He has always been alright in the ring but with Bryan he has just taken it to another level. Bryan has been great in WWE so far even though his style had to change slightly to suit WWE.

With the finish to those two matches not being 100% clean I can certainly see another match between the two. Possibly at Survivor Series?

What have you thought about this feud so far and your thoughts on these two matches?

xXSlaveXx

Reaction score
I just finished watching Bragging Rights as we speak after recording it overnight and I gotta say those two made a great opener. Some sick pin sequences back and forth and I loved that Ziggler was the one doing a few spots as well. Bryan did well selling the submissions and Vickie was hilarious as always.

The one thing that annoys me however is that Bryan can't win by pinfall at all it's always the LeBell lock it gets a little boring after a while because you know the ref won't count 3 on his pins. Ah well it was a great opener and it was pretty intense and paved the way forward for the rest of the PPV.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The one thing that annoys me however is that Bryan can't win by pinfall at all it's always the LeBell lock it gets a little boring after a while because you know the ref won't count 3 on his pins. Ah well it was a great opener and it was pretty intense and paved the way forward for the rest of the PPV.

I suppose it is similar for when other wrestlers hit one of their regular moves, yet not a finisher, and go for the pin. You know that they won't win at that stage but it is just part of the story of the match. It would be nice for Bryan to have another finishing move to compliment his LeBell Lock, similar to the Lionsault Jericho had to go with the Liontamer.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Maybe, but one thing I have against the WWE of today is that you don't see enough submission Wrestling, and I think BD having such a strong finsher can really get that style of wrestling more over, bit like Kurt Angle did a few years back with the ankle lock. Also this will make Bryan stand out from the crowd. I agree with you two through, the match with him and Ziggler was top class, and maybe in my top ten of the year. I would like to see a full on feud as I think it could beneift both.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair point there isn't much submission wrestling in WWE these days. It is nice having Bryan using a submission as his finisher. The only other at the moment would be Swagger with his ankle lock. Jericho doesn't finish with the Walls of Jericho anymore and Punk only sometimes uses his anaconda vice these days. They need more submissions since it is a big aspect of wrestling and it should be focused on.

It looks like their feud will be continuing as they are having another match on Smackdown this week.