Black Ops 2 soundtrack bolstered by Trent Reznor, Mass Effect composer Jack Wall

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
80c0c3a1c3.jpg

Call of Duty's next big entry is getting some extra long nails to assist in its theme song – Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor composed Black Ops 2's theme song, USA Today revealed this morning. He's not crafting the whole soundtrack, though, as Mass Effect 1 and 2 soundtrack composer Jack Wall is taking that responsibility.

Reznor said he was led to the project after having composed soundtracks for both The Social Network and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. "I started dipping my toe into film scoring. That led me to film scoring agents and whatnot and a variety of projects start to get thrown at you to check your level of interest. And quite a while ago I had heard, 'Would you be interested in a big franchise video game?' Being an avid gamer my whole life, I said, 'Yeah, I would be interested in that.'" Reznor previously composed the soundtrack to Quake.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 launches on November 13 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.

Source: Black Ops 2 soundtrack bolstered by Trent Reznor, Mass Effect composer Jack Wall | Joystiq

I can't wait to hear the sound track then. These are two great composers. I hope there are some songs that get you amped and ready to play.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Music has always been a strong point for Call of Duty, Hans Zimmer was fantastic in MW2.

Reznor and Jack Wall should indicate that the score will be a but more gritty and grim in BO2.

Guano

Reaction score
Some people think that music can either make or break a game, which I honestly agree with and I'm sure others do as well. It'll be interesting to see what Trent Reznor, and Jack Wall can do. I'll be honest I have no clue who Jack Walls and I'm completely unaware of any previous work by him, but that's why there is a thing called google! Jack Wells has composed some pretty notable music for games like, Mass Effect 1 & 2, Myst IV: Revelation, and a few others. As for Trent Reznor, I am familiar with his work and I think it fits Call of Duty fairly well. It should be interesting to say the least. I can't wait to hear the music for Black Ops 2!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Reznor will not fail us here! He's always produced some amazing stuff. I can't wait to hear what he's come up with.