*BIG SPOILER* Ending of the March Third iMPACT

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dom

Reaction score
Sting just defeated Jeff Hardy to win the TNA World title at the iMPACT! tapings in Fayetteville, North Carolina. This show will air on March 3rd, 2011. Sting wore a new outfit with red sequins and returned to his old-school look.

Wow, I love it. All of the reports of Sting signing with WWE and now he's the TNA World Champion. They obviously needed to take the title off of Hardy due to his court case and Sting was the perfect shocker candidate to take the title from him, at least in my opinion. Gonna be awesome to see Stinger on my TV again, even if it is with the wrong company :p

Thoughts on the big TNA title change?

Itchweed

I’m hurt, I’m old and I work with children
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
Lol, this is funny cause I just told you about the video, and now I see this.

Great choice, finally TNA has made the right choice the title. Although I like the Immortal championship, I'm hoping they take it away. It's great to see Sting going to be on TV again, but I just don't like how TNA did a mock video of the WWE's 2.21.11. Also this...

217.jpg

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Good to see Sting back on TV, too bad it's for TNA. Now there goes his oppurtunity for HOF induction, DVDs, Mattel toy line, and video game royalties. Not a smart move in my opinion, but Sting made his decision.

But I don't like his decision to wear those ugly tights.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
What was the point in even putting the title on Hardy?

I don't know how this title match came about, but I'm sure they could have kept the title on Kennedy, had Sting take the title and then spawn a feud from that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I can't believe that their big surprise was that TNA stole from WWE by copying their video.

This is such a confusing decision by everyone involved.

First why did TNA put the title back on Hardy and then have him drop it to Sting. The TNA World title is changing hands more often than the WWE title which is surprising. It just devalues the title having all these title changes. Second why would Sting give away a chance to be part of the biggest company where the red carpet was rolled out for him. WWE seemed ready to bend over backwards to get him there plus he would have had a chance to wrestle in front of 50k+ fans again. Plus with the HOF he could have thanked ALL his fans rather than a small portion of them.

Odd decision.

Reaction score
I think that the video that has been copied from the WWE just make TNA look like complete idiots because they can't thing of their own thing and have to keep watching the so called competition that they think they are in. It's just a rubbish version of WWE's vignettes for Undertaker. Could they not get into trouble for something like that anyway? I don't really know much about that. I do wonder if TNA officials knew that the videos the WWE were showing were for Sting, but he changed his mind and the WWE used them for Undertaker instead and they are just throwing it back in their face? Either way I don't like it.

I don't like the fact that Sting has now returned to TNA and won the World Heavyweight Title straight away either. I said that he would be a lot better off in the WWE, he would be used a lot better and people would actually care about him a bit more. Although I do like Sting, he gets too much of the spotlight when he's around like all the other older guys in TNA do like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash when he was there etc. This isn't really good for TNA.

Why put the belt back on Jeff Hardy just to take it off again so quick? The belt should of stayed on Mr. Anderson. Sting doesn't need the belt.

Itchweed

I’m hurt, I’m old and I work with children
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G
TNA probably thought Jeff's legal issues would be sorted out Feb 16, so they put the belt on him, but when they got delayed yet again they needed to put the belt on someone, just in case. I still think it's pretty stupid they put it on someone who just came back for being gone, for like 5-6 months then suddenly is champion.. I think the reason they put the title on Sting was cause they seen how much interest Sting was when everyone thought he was going to E, so their hoping that Sting brings in numbers for them. At least in my opinion.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'm surprisingly OK with this and it makes sense. I'm not sure they had any idea when they put the belt on Hardy that Sting was coming back so I wouldn't read into that. He could be a good transitional champ until they deem someone possibly Hardy ready to take the belt.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TNA probably thought Jeff's legal issues would be sorted out Feb 16, so they put the belt on him, but when they got delayed yet again they needed to put the belt on someone, just in case. I still think it's pretty stupid they put it on someone who just came back for being gone, for like 5-6 months then suddenly is champion.. I think the reason they put the title on Sting was cause they seen how much interest Sting was when everyone thought he was going to E, so their hoping that Sting brings in numbers for them. At least in my opinion.

TNA need to realise that the reason there was so much interest was because Sting had never wrestled for WWE before therefore it would have been huge if he went there. Sting back in TNA again means nothing since he has been there on and off since 2003. Yes it is surprising that TNA put the title on someone who had been gone for 5-6 months and with no build up he wins the title when there are two wrestlers that have claims for a title shot (RVD and Anderson). It might boost on or two tv ratings for Impact but long term it does nothing.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Well really what if they had this planned to begin with. Knowing that Sting was coming back in the first place, I mean if Sting defeated there current top face in Anderson, fans would still cheer but it would not be as big as him defeating Hardy. Really I do not know what TNA is thinking at the moment but with Sting as champion and one of your top heels are in trouble with the law. They better have one helluva a back up plan.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
This is why this company is second rate, because of stupid shit like this. if no one cared what TNA was doing before this, they're certainly not going to now. So, they give Sting the world title. What does that accomplish besides making them look like idiots, who follow the WWE like puppy dogs trying to get food from their master. This is not how you make money or build a successful product that makes people want to stick around! Fuck TNA, I'm so done with their bullshit. The put shit on a wall and expect it to stick, fuck them.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
TNA mentally is so flawed...

Sting back in so-so in this enivorment, HOWEVER TNA is looking for the fucking weekly ratings, when in the long rate that fucked over WCW - Where as WWE always seemed to try put there focus on the PPV matches, thus far out performing anyone at ppvs because that makes a lot of money, good ppvs = good weeklies = good ratings in the week and good PPV buyrates, it a cycle which TNA has failed to get into their heads since Scott D'Amore left; It's PATHETIC.