Backstage News on The Rock vs. John Cena Rematch, The Rock on RAW Soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
F4WOnline said:
There has been talk of trying to get The Rock to return to RAW in the next few weeks to help boost ratings.

- Michael Hayes has been pushing hard to keep WrestleMania Season "simple" with The Rock defeating WWE Champion CM Punk at the Royal Rumble and the losing the title to John Cena at WrestleMania 29. At this point, nothing is set in stone.

At least one person on the WWE creative team has suggested that they not do Rock vs. Cena II at all. The argument is that there are no more one-time-only dream matches, there haven't been any in years and there aren't really any that can be done anytime in the near future - at least dream matches of the magnitude of Cena vs. Rock.

With that said, chances are slim that Rock-Cena II won't happen because they want WrestleMania and the Royal Rumble to be huge this year.
What side of the fence are you guys on, rematch or no rematch?

Personally I don't want a rematch. While last years stuff was good, it should have been alot better than it actually was in regards to everything, including the buildup. I just worry that if we get the rematch again, we'll get almost the same material again leading up to the match.

The problem that I have is that by announcing Rock will face the WWE Champion at Royal Rumble, they've just pissed away the opportunity of one of these one-time-only dream matches. Now i'm not saying Rock/Punk at Mania is the calibre of Rock/Cena or Brock/HHH, but it would certainly be one of the biggest in recent years and probably future years. The only was to preserve this would be to have Cena win the belt from Punk and then drop it to The Rock at the Rumble but there's no way in hell they're gonna have Cena go 0-2 against him.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I hate the idea of Rock/Cena II and I very much hope it does not happen. It doesn't need to happen. The match itself was a complete bore. The ending was so anti-climatic it was like... is that it? That was the end?

It just doesn't need to happen. Rock/Punk is the last ... well other than Punk/Austin. but that's about it as far as "dream matches" that are left. Rock/Cena II... just need to avoid it. Could tease it or something but an actual match... no.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I am not keen on the idea of Rock/Cena 2. Punk/Rock would be pretty cool in my opinion. If they do Rock/Cena one more time, they literally just pissed all over their DVD.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
F4W basically saying Punk isn't shit.

WWE could go all panick mode and book Rock/Brock. That would get the most attention.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Only way I would even remotely be interested in a rematch was if Cena turned heel but in that case Punk would have to be face somehow so all in all I see no point in doing a rematch. The match really wasn't even that good. I would much rather see Punk/Rock at mania or Cena vs Punk vs Rock. I don't see the point in Rock beating Punk for the belt considering WWE main title would not be apart of house shows and he obviously wouldn't be on every Raw.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I'm not too fussed whether we get The Rock vs John Cena II but if WWE do go down that road again then both Rock and Cena have to put on a better match. If it wasn't for the buildup to the match at WrestleMania 28 I guarantee the IWC would have went nuts. The thing that made the match was the promos, the mickey taking and that amazing singing contest! I'm quite looking forward to a CM Punk vs The Rock match but Rocky will probably carry Punk. More than likely we will get the aforementioned match-up as WWE have all but confirmed it for the Royal Rumble. At WrestleMania 29 I would personally like to see Steve Austin vs CM Punk. Before anyone jumps on me I do know Austin is out of shape and due to his injuries he will have limited ability in the ring. There are lots of things WWE could do, lots of angles they can follow.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You're overrating the fuck out of Rock's in ring work if you think he carries matches let alone someone who doesn't need to be carried. Rock is solid but I thought even Rock's biggest fans could admit he wasn't that kind of in ring worker in his prime let alone now.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Wouldn't be too pushed Rock/Cena II to be honest.

I don't mean it in a bad way or anything, I happened to really enjoy their match at XXVIII. I just think that they could go with something a bit more fresh. Cena/Punk, Rock/Lesnar and Punk/Lesnar would be interesting matches I think. I'm not sure how the last one would work considering both are heels (and I doubt Punk would turn face again after just turning heel recently), but I think it'd be a pretty big draw.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
lolwhat?! Rock carrying CM Punk in a match? What are you on?

If people like Patterson, Jericho and Benoit are putting over someones in-ring work, I would take their opinion over people like Meltzer and message boards tbh.

Rock carrying Punk is laughable, but let's not rewrite history and say Rock isn't a very polished performer in the ring.

Anywho, Punk/Rock would gain as much interest as Ryder/Cena. Sure they both have their fans, but let's be honest and say nobody is taking one of those guys seriously as a credible threat.

TheZig

Reaction score
The problem with The Rock vs John Cena is they would need to draw the crowd again, Which I can't see happening unless they step it up above the PG element. They had a year last time and this year is closing soon in respect to the amount of Raw's left because god knows they couldn't possibly work a Smackdown. I'm pretty sure it will happen though, They need their top guy to get revenge on The Rock.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Anything. Anything to get Cena out of the Fucking Title picture. How they're giving Cena ANOTHER title shot at Punk is absolute, utter horseshit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Anything. Anything to get Cena out of the Fucking Title picture. How they're giving Cena ANOTHER title shot at Punk is absolute, utter horseshit.

And who would take that spot against Punk pretell?

Who exactly is there to put on a poster that will make people want to shell out 50 bucks to buy a PPV?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not keen on Rock/Cena II just because I enjoyed it last year and I really don't see them being able to build that up as good again. I think it'd tarnish the feud, especially since it was billed as "Once in a lifetime."

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not keen on Rock/Cena II just because I enjoyed it last year and I really don't see them being able to build that up as good again. I think it'd tarnish the feud, especially since it was billed as "Once in a lifetime."

Rock and Hogan were billed as Once in a lifetime aswell, didn't stop WWE from doing a rematch little under a year later. Roles reversed ofcourse.