...And so Roode is the latest victim.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
JUST LIKE SO MANY BEFORE HIM (Nakamura being the most recent example), the GLORIOUS ONE is a victim ALREADY of booking that has just ROBBED THE WIND FROM HIS SAILS! STOPPED HIS MOMENTUM! No longer is he the big deal that he was just a month and a half ago, when he was having badass matches against the likes of Drew Mcyntire and Roderick Strong.

NOPE. INSTEAD of presenting him as A BIG DEAL, he immediately gets put in a feud with Ziggler OVER ENTRANCES, and BOTH OF THE MATCHES THEY'VE HAD have been very underwhelming.

Why? Just WHY?! Guys like him and Nakamura aren't exactly getting any younger, damnit!

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Can anything kill momentum as fast as 50/50 Booking?

Reactions: 20X20

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Can anything kill momentum as fast as 50/50 Booking?

Sure
25425.png

Or
images.jpg

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If I had to make a guess...it would be some kind of "You aren't in NXT anymore"
right of passage deliberately "taking the wind out of their sails" so to speak.

Its complete bullshit and I fear they will do the same with Auska...
Me too. Goddamnit, they had me wishing that her title reign in NXT never ended so that she wouldn't ever be called up. It feels inevitable that it'll happen.

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
everybody got to start somewhere, can't be champion right away.
Nobody suggested that he immediately go after a title. I just stated what one would THINK would be obvious; that a serious presentation of an athlete allows the athlete to be taken seriously by fans, so that they in turn can be invested in them.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
He has only been on the main roster for a few month, wwe know about his age and maybe for him just the chance to compete in wwe is good enough. Wrestlers theses days are more fitter and can last a while longer. HHH can still put on decent matches. Come back in a years time and we will see if it is a waste. Don't do threads like this now ffs.

20X20

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
He has only been on the main roster for a few month, wwe know about his age and maybe for him just the chance to compete in wwe is good enough. Wrestlers theses days are more fitter and can last a while longer. HHH can still put on decent matches. Come back in a years time and we will see if it is a waste. Don't do threads like this now ffs.
A few months? It hasn't even been TWO months yet! Are you gonna tell me that they've done a good job with him so far? 'Cause you can WRITE that, but you'd be wroooong in that assesment.

And yes, today's performers might generally be in better shape than performers of previous generations, but life can throw curveballs at people sometimes and ruin things. Ask Samoa Joe and Hideo Itami, they'll tell ya. That's just ONE pssibility to consider.