All Elite Wrestling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
EliteLogo.jpg

I'm sure many of us has heard of The Elite. Mainly consisting of Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, popular YouTube series "Being the Elite" brought names like Cody Rhodes, Adam Page, and Marty Scrull.

After a tweet from Dave Meltzer, claiming no indie company could ever sell out a 10,000 seat arena on American soil, The Elite created a very successful show called All In. This sold 10,000 tickets within days.

Recently, New Japan Pro Wrestling has gone under new management, and reportedly this management has angered many in NJPW, including The Elite. It has been said that all of The Elite have agreed to leave NJPW once their contracts expire. It has been theorized they will go to WWE.

But... perhaps there is something much more interesting in the near future. Some eagle eyed wrestling fans have realized a few new names have been claimed in the American Trademark system. These names are as follows:

Double or Nothing
All Out
Tuesday Night Dynamite
AEW Double or Nothing
AEW All Out
AEW Tuesday Night Dynamite
All Elite Wrestling
It appears that rather than go to WWE where they will be looked down on by McMahons, and realistically destroyed by their system, The Elite are starting their own wrestling company: All Elite Wrestling. The Elite have reportedly been talking to Access TV in order to get a weekly television time slot, a show they'd call Tuesday Night Dynamite. Now, a national wrestling company is very expensive... but that may not be a problem. When you trace the address for these trademarks, it leads back to a home in Jacksonville, Florida. This home is owned by the owner of American Football team - The Jacksonville Jaguars - Shahid Khan. Khan is one of the richest men in the world, having a net worth of 6.9 billion USD.

With previous success in All In, a potential TV deal with Access, and a multi billion dollar financier, the idea of All Elite Wrestling becoming a reality isn't too far fetched. It has been revealed that they are planning on launching in late 2019 or early 2020.

Another interesting fact is that - as reported by Wrestle Talk - two anonymous WWE Superstars have been approached by members of The Elite. These two have agreed to join AEW, and will leave WWE once their contracts expire in April 2019.

So, what do you think about the potential of this All Elite Wrestling? Do you believe it? Are you excited? Who do you think these two superstars could be? Do you think this is just Global Force Wrestling 2.0, or do you think this will actually turn into something serious? Comment down below your thoughts on the matter

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The only thing that can save WWE from WWE is another big promotion coming up in the US. I am all for it. I hope they take more than 2 wrestlers from them. They could use some competition.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
The only thing that can save WWE from WWE is another big promotion coming up in the US. I am all for it. I hope they take more than 2 wrestlers from them. They could use some competition.
As crazy as it sounds, maybe it's not worth saving WWE. If, and it's a BIG if AEW actually comes to fruition... Maybe just stop watching WWE programming all together. We all know what would happen if they beat AEW, they'll just go back to a horrible kingpin state. It might be worth it to just leave them in the past where they want to be oh so badly

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
As crazy as it sounds, maybe it's not worth saving WWE. If, and it's a BIG if AEW actually comes to fruition... Maybe just stop watching WWE programming all together. We all know what would happen if they beat AEW, they'll just go back to a horrible kingpin state. It might be worth it to just leave them in the past where they want to be oh so badly
Maybe I would get interested in wrestling again. I don't hate on the wrestling in Japan but it just isn't for me so having another promotion that actually does what I enjoy (good story telling) that is local, in English, and has recognizable wrestlers... Well, I'd like say "What is WWE?". lol

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
Maybe I would get interested in wrestling again. I don't hate on the wrestling in Japan but it just isn't for me so having another promotion that actually does what I enjoy (good story telling) that is local, in English, and has recognizable wrestlers... Well, I'd like say "What is WWE?". lol
I keep telling you to start watching Impact, LU, or MLW lol.

This new project or whatever interests me about as much as Sheep Culture Pro Wrestling did. People can enjoy it if they want, but it's definitely not for me just based on who's running it alone

• Haha

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
I do think it's important to look at whows running this thing. It's not a couple of Indy wrestlers, or a couple of YouTubers, it's the son of Dusty Rhodes. I'm sure they can get a ton of good creative staff off of that connection, or at least help from respectable names

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Considering my lack of enthusiasm for wrestling as of late, I could use something new to try. Just as long as it isn't a glorified "Elite always win" show and they use it to build a spotlight around a lot of people, then I'm "All In."

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I keep telling you to start watching Impact, LU, or MLW lol.

This new project or whatever interests me about as much as Sheep Culture Pro Wrestling did. People can enjoy it if they want, but it's definitely not for me just based on who's running it alone
I refuse to watch MLW they work with Florida Indie scum amd that's an insult to scum

Jeffry Mason

Your Local Sports Team Sucks
Reaction score
I refuse to watch MLW they work with Florida Indie scum amd that's an insult to scum
But... Tony Schiavionne though....

Also, define scum in this instance. Do you mean actual scumbags like Rude Boy, Caveman, Stevie Shields, etc? Or do you just mean guys who should probably stick to the local scene because they aren't ready for national exposure?

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
But... Tony Schiavionne though....

Also, define scum in this instance. Do you mean actual scumbags like Rude Boy, Caveman, Stevie Shields, etc? Or do you just mean guys who should probably stick to the local scene because they aren't ready for national exposure?
I mean a guy who slept with a 14 year old girl and got away with it because his fat internet tough guy friend has a mom who's a district attorney so they think they're above the law

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I can't be too super negative on this, obviously, but right now I feel like they have the same issue New Impact does.

They're going to have all the hype starting out, but how are they going to maintain it?

On paper now's the perfect time to start a wrestling company with everyone being done with WWE, but there's several issues with that even...
How are you going to stand out? I feel like you've gotta do something unique to really stand out.
You can't out-weird Lucha Underground, out-book NXT, out-wrestle NJPW...
What are they going to do to make their promotion must-see? They can market it like champs, and if they get a TV deal that'll get them to a TNA 2008 level. Cool story.
As a fan, I hope they do something to make us really drool over the next AEW show the way we do NJPW.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
I can't be too super negative on this, obviously, but right now I feel like they have the same issue New Impact does.

They're going to have all the hype starting out, but how are they going to maintain it?

On paper now's the perfect time to start a wrestling company with everyone being done with WWE, but there's several issues with that even...
How are you going to stand out? I feel like you've gotta do something unique to really stand out.
You can't out-weird Lucha Underground, out-book NXT, out-wrestle NJPW...
What are they going to do to make their promotion must-see? They can market it like champs, and if they get a TV deal that'll get them to a TNA 2008 level. Cool story.
As a fan, I hope they do something to make us really drool over the next AEW show the way we do NJPW.

I mean, they proved with All In that they can hype a show and deliver and their YT show typically is "better booked" than most WWE stuff and each week there is some sort of development that makes you want to watch next week. For what they may need for AEW is to either find that one unique thing, or, like All In did, have enough vatiety to give everyone something. Most major promotions lack variety in that there is a certain expectation and formula in each. All In had Hardcore, comedy, a david vs golliath story, an old school match, a high spot filled match, a strong style match, a simple and effective opener, shockers, and more. Even though some matches were booked on the basis of "Dis would be a good match" there were storylines which paid off. Flip getting booked, Adam Page going crazy and Joey's res-errection (I had to, sorry) Marty trying to prove he can hang with the heavyweights, Christopher Daniels and Stephen Amell had promos to hype the match. They showed they can make a show which is overall good with variety and story I personally think that should be what is shot for (although leave the dick druids... Some people draw a line there XD).

Reactions: Doxo and Snowman1

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
AEW will either fail or be like every other promotion there is and become stale as five day old bread past due.