Alexa Bliss Talks Not Getting Credit For Her Ring Work

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
"I don't, but here's the thing, I'm a bad guy. Who likes a bad guy that does a lot of flashy things? You know what I mean? It is my job to be hated, so if that means coming in when the opportunity is right and cashing in on other people's misfortunes in the ring that is what I am going to do.

"Now, when I become a good guy, are people going to see a brand new skill set from me? Absolutely. Right now, my job isn't to wow the crowd with my in-ring ability, my job is to be hated, which is what I love to do. My job is to be hated because people get that much madder when I win a title because they talk about me not being able to wrestle in the ring---I can, but I am choosing not to, and the fact that when I win and they are getting angry that only means that I am doing my job that much more."

Alexa Bliss On Not Getting Credit For Her Ring Work, Ronda Rousey's Abilities - WrestlingInc.com

Makes sense, the only thing i've been critical of her is her selling ability, that she seems to have improved lately... She's a heel and wrestles like one.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
"I'm a bad guy. Who likes a bad guy that does a lot of flashy things?"
Almost any wrestling fan. Ric Flair was flashy as a heel and people loved it, Shawn was flashy as a heel and people loved it, Okada was flashy as a heel and people loved it, Shinsuke was flashy as a heel and people loved it, Cody was flashy as a heel and people loved it, Pentagon Jr. was/is flashy as a heel, and I could keep naming more, but you get the point.

"It is my job to be hated, so if that means coming in when the opportunity is right and cashing in on other people's misfortunes in the ring that is what I am going to do."
Yes, as a heel she is supposed to be hated, but she is hated for the wrong reasons, which includes her in-ring ability is meh at best, her promos are always the same, and she is a boring champion, in my opinion. Her cashing in against Nia during her match with Ronda wasn't a bad move and got her heat, but it was hated due to the facts that she was just champion and now she is a champion, which is dumb, and Nia was only champion so Alexa can have work done.

"Now, when I become a good guy, are people going to see a brand new skill set from me? Absolutely."
But why change your moveset depending on whether you are a face or a heel, though? Stone Cold, The Rock, CM Punk, Jericho, Punk, Triple H, Bret Hart, and more never changed their moveset due to being face or heel.

Right now, my job isn't to wow the crowd with my in-ring ability, my job is to be hated, which is what I love to do."
Yeah, but she is getting hated due to her decent in-ring ability not because of her mic skills, to some should I say. If you are a heel who has pretty good wrestling ability then more people would be behind her and even hate her for the "right" reason, you know.

My job is to be hated because people get that much madder when I win a title because they talk about me not being able to wrestle in the ring---I can, but I am choosing not to, and the fact that when I win and they are getting angry that only means that I am doing my job that much more."
No, people get angry when she wins the title because it almost a given and gets stale because she never changes her promos or anything of the sort. She says she can, but she has never done it nor showed it. She has never been in a match where I have been like, "Damn, Alexa is a decent or decently good as wrestler." Also, if you say you can wrestle then prove it and make people shut up, you know. Again, people are angry at you for the "wrong" reasons, though. They hate her because we know she will win, we know she is meh wrestler, and so much more things that I and others have complained about.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
The thing is I never see her becoming a face. She has been a heel since debuting on the main roster, and every single time it looks like they may turn her face because of favourable fan reactions, she does her infamous "Nah lol i was trolling you, you all suck" schtick. It's at the point now where she will start getting go away heat, and once you get that turning face does nothing to get rid of that.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
Yes, as a heel she is supposed to be hated, but she is hated for the wrong reasons, which includes her in-ring ability is meh at best, her promos are always the same, and she is a boring champion, in my opinion. Her cashing in against Nia during her match with Ronda wasn't a bad move and got her heat, but it was hated due to the facts that she was just champion and now she is a champion, which is dumb, and Nia was only champion so Alexa can have work done.

Unless a heel is loved by the audience, the fans consider it "go away heat".. It's like that with everybody, they don't realize they're being worked by the heel.. It's not possible to get real heat anymore... even though Bliss is loved by a large portion of the audience, which is why she got a huge pop when she won MITB and won the title.. Bliss is more of a polarizing character than anything... She's been champion 400+ days since being on the main roster, it's kinda ridiculous.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

Unless a heel is loved by the audience, the fans consider it "go away heat".. It's like that with everybody, they don't realize they're being worked by the heel.. It's not possible to get real heat anymore... even though Bliss is loved by a large portion of the audience, which is why she got a huge pop when she won MITB and won the title.. Bliss is more of a polarizing character than anything... She's been champion 400+ days since being on the main roster, it's kinda ridiculous.
Forgot to hit the quote button there, didn't you, lol.

I am pretty sure people know they are getting worked, to be fair. She is getting "go away heat" because of the feeling that some fans have about WWE pushing her to the moon and back and/or because of her being pushed people's throats, kind of like Roman, and thus like I said her character has become stale and isn't impressive any more. As well, you can also get "go away heat" from simply not being a good wrestler in the ring. You can still get real heat, if you know how to do it right, to be honest, just look at The Bullet Club in NJPW or even Ciampa in NXT, they know how to do it. That is great if people love her, or think she is a great wrestler, my opinion is from one who is the opposite. She got a huge pop because she more or less costed Ronda the title, something I enjoyed but that is mainly due to me not liking Ronda. Bliss isn't a polarizing character or at least to me she isn't and I don't see how. She isn't a character like other female wrestlers currently or even in past times, and if you compare her to polarizing male wrestlers she is way off. She has been champ for that long because Kevin, Vince, and others on creatives "love" her, if you catch my drift, but really they are doing the same thing with her as Roman, in a sense. Her reigns have always been boring and nothing to get excited about until somewhat recent with Ronda involved, but even then I find it boring.

Also, to be clear, I want to like Alexa, I do think she could be a good/decent heel and heel have always appealed to me more so than faces to some extent, but repeating the same ole stuff over and over it gets old and it gets old fast, and her wrestling ability is lacking so that turns me away personally. Again, if someone likes her that is fine and dandy, but don't make me have to like her, like WWE and some of her fans have tired to do.

Reactions: bullyballmm

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's 2018, the only way to get heat is to be bad at wrestling. Smarks cheer good heel work

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
To be honest, I kinda love that Alexa Bliss has this mentality. I do like the idea of wrestlers altering their wrestling style depending on whether they're face or heels, part of the reason Neville's heel run worked so well was because he altered his in-ring style to compliment the shift in character. He was still recognizably Neville, Red Arrow and all, but there was still a notable shift. And if Alexa Bliss does recognizably alter her style when she's a face, good on her. I appreciate that attention to detail.

That said, I don't agree with the mentality that your match quality should be sacrificed because you're a heel. And to be fair, I don't think Alexa Bliss has the worst matches or anything, in terms of strengths the only thing I ever thought she was a distinct heel personality. Her in-ring style is definitely more about presenting a character than working a technical clinic but there doesn't need to be such a divide between the two. Regardless though, she's only really faces this criticism because of the never-ending championship reigns she's gotten pretty much non-stop since coming up to the main roster. Her personality-driven style is fine in moderation but WWE hit the excess on her awhile ago. And while I certainly don't fault Bliss for that, I do wish she'd sprinkle in some of these more "wow" moves she's talking about sporadically if you she was going to remain the focal point. I mean she did take the Twisted Bliss off the pod and kudos for that, I just wish that wasn't the only instance I could mention.

Reactions: bullyballmm

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Because her ring work isn't worth giving credit for.

She's awkward, she doesn't sell & her finishers
are lame. She's been booked as if she's twice
her size & has three times the ring skills she
actually has.

She.Is.Lame!

Try actually improving Alexa & then you may
get some credit.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Now, when I become a good guy, are people going to see a brand new skill set from me? Absolutely.
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

I will say tho, she is doing a really good job with her heel status. Imo she's like the female version of the Miz

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Alexa isn't the best in the ring. But she is good at other stuff and she has the best character in the woman's roster. She gets away with not being the best in ring.

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Alexa isn't the best in the ring. But she is good at other stuff and she has the best character in the woman's roster. She gets away with not being the best in ring.
Oh yes. Even more if she is safe to work with. I've heard personal stories where the safest wrestler would be asked back. They were the ones popular wrestlers wanted to work with.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score

This argument can also be made about the Rock, his moveset is fairly basic.

Alexa is improving though she is more average than out right bad.

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Oh yes. Even more if she is safe to work with. I've heard personal stories where the safest wrestler would be asked back. They were the ones popular wrestlers wanted to work with.

Bret Hart seems popular now with his ex workers. Never really hurt anyone and made you look like a million bucks.