Alberto Del Rio to break Undertaker's streak?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Unfortunately Brock Lesnar has made WWE scared to do things like that. They put everything they had into Lesnar and then he left right when he was one of the top guys in WWE. That is why these days you see guys like Sheamus and CM Punk not being used to their full potential when they have yet to sign new contracts. Why push someone that is going to leave? If WWE are convinced that ADR is there for the long haul then I see them booking this, although he won't be given a win but a good loss will be big enough anyway.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. He did have someone to face he could have chellenged for the World Title, and thats another reason why it was dumb having Christian drop the belt so soon, because him and Del Rio could have carried on their feud.

2. Don't agree with you on the heel world champion, I think history backs me up on that, look at Triple H in 2002-03, he never got over as strong as he hoped, because he would be dominated by the likes of Rob Van Dam or Booker T [with out actually looking like he would lose mind] for twenty minutes, and then pull out a cheap victory, and it meant people didn't take him serious enough, and likewise because people never believed he was going to lose the title to those guys, and because the finishes were so lame, they never go upset enough to really give him strong heat.

3. Hey Prodigy I agree with you, I would love to see someone like ADR get the match with Taker as Mania, but not as he is now. If he did win the title around Summerslam like deezy said, and they gave him a strong push from then on, then I think a feud, and match with Taker could really be something, but WWE have a lot of work to do.

4. Being more realistic, I actually have a feeling Lesnar might be the man for next year, just because it is a rumour which refuses to go away, and for me enough time has passed now for the two sides to be able, to do, business, plus I suspect there is a bit more truth than the Lesnar camp are admiting.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Triple H was using the Ric Flair booking during his reign as champion. Simple effective bopoking where the heel was a coward and did everything he could to keep his title. The same booking that Buddy Rogers used and the same that Gorgeous George used. It's a timeless story that makes people want to see this asshole get his just desserts and will pay money to see.

Heels are supposed to be hated, not liked. Fuck that cool heel bullshit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But when did I say that the heel had to be liked, I am talking about the fans respecting him as a talent, and I think you will find that the fans respected Flair back in his NWA hayday, even while he had that awesome heel heat. Also if they were using a tried and tested booking plan with HHH, how come it didn't work, how come his matches played before a near slient crowd, how come the ratings and buyrates were dropping. HHH as a heel in from 99-01 worked, after that it went pear shaped.

Another thing is that the booking of a heel you and Troy mention is more suited for a comedy mid-carder, it does not work full time for a headline champion.