Battleground AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who wins?

• Kevin Owens

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
rsz_ajowens-min-min.jpg

Obviously the best match on the card, but who wins?
It's gotta be AJ. He's bringing back the US Open Challenge and it will be a weekly feature on SmackDown. I don't think they'd mention it unless AJ was going to hold the belt for a while...
Thoughts?

Reactions: Prince Bálor

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Is it just me or does the title look really small in that photo?

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
AJ obviously. I read they took the belt off Owens because there were too many "anti American" characters going (Him, Rusev, and Jinder)

I'm very curious to see what Smackdowns booking is going to look like heading into Summerslam. Everything is so backwards right now. AJ should be WWE champion and Jinder should be US champ.

alexb

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
For one, I don't see this being your "hot potato" situation and then, as Solidus already pointed out, he's bringing back the open challenge which was quite the success the first time around so...yeah, I think AJ is retaining.

P.S. Little side note, though probably a topic ought to be discussed in a different thread: is it me, or is KO been eating way too many pins ever since he moved to Smackdown? It's almost as if they've made him the new eater of pins for the blue brand every since the switch with Bray :p

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to see Styles retain as much as I like Owens...
I am curious to see the Summerslam match for the US title...

Styles vs. Owens Pt.3?
Styles vs. Cena Pt.4?
Styles vs. Rusev?

No matter who they go with...I'm sure it will be a great match.

I just hope they book a "proper" finish.

Reactions: AttitudeRevival
Reaction score
AJ obviously. I read they took the belt off Owens because there were too many "anti American" characters going (Him, Rusev, and Jinder)

I'm very curious to see what Smackdowns booking is going to look like heading into Summerslam. Everything is so backwards right now. AJ should be WWE champion and Jinder should be US champ.
The anti-American thing makes sense. I've also heard it was because Vince felt he wasn't losing the gut fast enough.

Reaction score
As often as the belts are passed around these days, I don't really know what to expect. It makes more sense for Styles to keep it but for me the importance of the belts has been diminished lately.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
rsz_ajowens-min-min.jpg

Obviously the best match on the card, but who wins?
It's gotta be AJ. He's bringing back the US Open Challenge and it will be a weekly feature on SmackDown. I don't think they'd mention it unless AJ was going to hold the belt for a while...
Thoughts?

Why does it have to be AJ? Either can take it. I don't see what bearing them mentioning the Open Challenge has on anything. Big deal. KO still goes over and then what? Does that unravel the hopes and dreams of millions who are awaiting this Open Challenge? Sounds like good heat to me.

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
I can see Owens reclaiming the belt so that he can enter a feud wherein Chad Gable wins the US title.

Styles vs Nakamura doesn't need a title involved, and you can't telegraph a loss like that. Nakamura would have to lose that belt quickly in order to enter the main event scene without taking away the one thing that the midcard has to fight for and he's not going to be eating a pin for a long time.