2011 predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Who do you see making an impact this year? Who do you see us seeing less of? Who do you see being a break out superstar? Who do you see turning face / & or heel?

Whats your 2011 WWE predictions?

Dod Draper

Reaction score
I think we'll see a couple more CM Punk title reigns this year. I also think we'll see a Barrett title reign on Smackdown at some point. Del Rio too, if he can catch the right momentum.

For others, it's harder to tell. Sheamus should be back in the mix for another title run, but nothing's ever certain on Raw.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Great thread RB. I am going to Sticky it so that everyone will see it and give their predictions.

I think that this year with be the year of youth, even more so than 2010. WWE realise that they now need to move in another direction and that they have to create stars for the future. Plus they will lose some more veterans this year so they have to ensure that they can cover retirements and injuries if they should happen.

ADR, Barrett, Morrison and Kofi Kingston to win a world title in WWE for the first time. Ezekiel is a real smoky to win his first world title.

Kane, Big Show, Regal, Mark Henry and Rey Mysterio to retire.

I see Sheamus turning face by the end of the year since WWE will want to turn him after a few years of being one of the main heels.

Chris Masters will turn heel again and receive a big push near the end of 2011.

Zach Ryder to have a breakout year and will win a midcard title.

Swagger to turn face and surprise everyone by becoming on of the top faces in the company.

Hopefully we will see a revival of tag team wrestling in WWE. I predict it every year and it never happens but surely I eventually have to get it right.

Reaction score
I think every member of Nexus will hold the titles at the same time.

CM Punk - World
Otunga - US
Ryan, Husky, or McGillicutty - Tag

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Wow I really hope not all those guys retire Troy. Anything I guess I will give my ten predictions...

1. Drew McIntyre wins the Money In The Bank in July. I really like the guy and I think he can develop into a huge threat.

2. Alberto Del Rio wins the WHC title, but not at WM. He is bound to win it sometime, just not on the big stage.

3. CM Punk regains the title eventually, he is just too talented not to.

4. John Morrison wins Wrestlemania's MITB. I really can't see any other better choice unless it's McIntyre. Morrison is ready for the top.

5. Triple H finally goes back to heel. I have been waiting for HHH heel for a long time, he is so good as a heel. Orton HHH feud would be completely win.

6. The Rock returns for one night. I think he is just bound to return eventually just for even one night.

7. I am going to take Troy's one and say Swagger turns face after going through a huge burial. SD needs faces and with Swagger, they could really accomplish that.

8. Cody Rhodes is in at least one WHC title match. He has so much potential and can put on a show.

9. Batista returns...... sadly.

10. Edge calls it quits near end of 2011. It's going to be a very very sad day, but I think so. Hopefully he will turn into a GM or something.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
HHH coming back as a heel would be bad for biz, how ever it is still possible that could happen. Maybe he comes back as a face until his movie makes all the big box office / DVD sales, then after thats done he takes a turn to his original heel status. This way they can take younger talent like The Miz or Jackswagger or even Drew M. & turn them to a face. Or maybe turn Sheamus into a face & HHH turns heel & HHH helps sheamus get over as a really good face character? How ever if WWE just takes HHH as heel right away I do see a Orton vs HHH match this time Orton being face & HHH being heel.