2011 NBA Finals - Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I've been watching it on Kiwii (A Stream) seeing ONEHD isn't covering NBA Finals (LIKE WTF, Baseball instead)...

I'm backing Dallas here because I hate Miami so much, a side that has superstars like Lakers deserve to choke. I don't follow any NBA teams but I just hate teams filled with superstars hence me backing the underdogs here. Mavs grabbed a great win today, just hope they can win in Miami in 2 more days and take home what's rightfully theirs.

Fuck LeBron.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
As a lifelong NBA fan with no allegiance to either team (Detroit Fan) I have to say this is one of the greatest Finals I have ever seen. Every game has been contested to the buzzer and has been entertaining throughout.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Dallas currently lead the series 3-2 after winning the past two games. The final two games are in Miami though so it is tough to predict a winner from here. I hope that it goes to the seventh game since it has been a very close season so far and deserves to go to the final game.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
It absolutely makes me sick. The defense was like it was in regular season mode and nobody really stepped up. Wade put out the usual valiant effort despite being injured. LeBron had the most overrated triple double ever, he did decent but decent doesn't cut it when it's now or never time (his words not mine). I didn't think there backs would be against the walls already, but it's time. I am not even mad because Dallas has shot lights out but I am just disgusted by the defensive pressure lacking. I hope the home crowd gives them energy and they are going to make sure they can bring the title home. I have confidence in them, but it's really frustrating.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is all over. Dallas won 105-95 to win the Finals 4-2. Excellent performance by Dallas and Dirk Nowitski was rightly named Finals MVP. Great to see he and Kidd getting rings after all these years.

LeBron falls short and the big three couldn't do it this year. But it was only their first year together and they are all still young so there are plenty of years left for them to win a ring or two.

Weez

Reaction score
THanks to whoever merged my thread into this one. I'd looked but I didn't see the finals thread originally.

That said, I couldn't be happier with the Finals result. A true team victory in Game 6 seals the deal. I've been a Mavs fan for 18-19 years now, and this has been a very long time coming. The Heat were very game, but ultimately lost to the better team. Honestly, even before last night's game and the outcome of my Mavs winning the NBA title, I'd already said this was the best NBA Finals I'd ever seen. Such a close, heated contest, this could have easily gone either way.

The Heat are young and very, very talented, and I expect it won't be long until they raise that Trophy. Bosh and D-Wade were real class acts post-game, and I have a lot of respect for them. LeBron, on the other hand, is a classless piece of shit. After the success of plugging Barea into the starting lineup, I was a bit worried when I heard Mario Chalmers had been penciled in to start for Bibby, as his 3's were devastating the whole series, but fortunately, he didn't do much with his start.

I'm not at all pointing at anyone in this thread, but I want to point out that I absolutely hate the reaction of the major media and Heat fans. It's been terrible. "OMG They just stopped playing down the stretch and mailed it in!", "The referees wanted Dallas to win", blah blah blah. Be a gracious loser, Man up, and admit your team lost to a better team.

Having been a Mavs fan for so long, I know a lot about being a gracious loser. But today is our day!

Dademo

Reaction score
THanks to whoever merged my thread into this one. I'd looked but I didn't see the finals thread originally.

That said, I couldn't be happier with the Finals result. A true team victory in Game 6 seals the deal. I've been a Mavs fan for 18-19 years now, and this has been a very long time coming. The Heat were very game, but ultimately lost to the better team. Honestly, even before last night's game and the outcome of my Mavs winning the NBA title, I'd already said this was the best NBA Finals I'd ever seen. Such a close, heated contest, this could have easily gone either way.

The Heat are young and very, very talented, and I expect it won't be long until they raise that Trophy. Bosh and D-Wade were real class acts post-game, and I have a lot of respect for them. LeBron, on the other hand, is a classless piece of shit. After the success of plugging Barea into the starting lineup, I was a bit worried when I heard Mario Chalmers had been penciled in to start for Bibby, as his 3's were devastating the whole series, but fortunately, he didn't do much with his start.

I'm not at all pointing at anyone in this thread, but I want to point out that I absolutely hate the reaction of the major media and Heat fans. It's been terrible. "OMG They just stopped playing down the stretch and mailed it in!", "The referees wanted Dallas to win", blah blah blah. Be a gracious loser, Man up, and admit your team lost to a better team.

Having been a Mavs fan for so long, I know a lot about being a gracious loser. But today is our day!

You really couldn't have said it any better. The Mavs were the better team, Miami isn't really a full cricle team just yet. The Mavericks are a complete team that were able to compete for a title and did so and won. Congrats on the win man.