1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Ziggler

Discussion in 'Monday Night RAW' started by Juventudinho, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Why is he still around?

2. Punk

Punk Get the Strap! Platinum D-Generation X

Cause he still has value in their eyes as a prominent mid-card and he gets paid good. Dumb question.

3. Juventudinho

This is his first regular feud since his feud with The Miz in 2016.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Punk

Okay.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Juventudinho

The question was why he was still around if WWE obviously don't have much faith in him, and he's been proven as an understudy numerous times without any serious direction. I highly doubt this feud isn't meant for Drew to get his face push off of him and he'll likely do nothing for another 2 years. He's in a similar position to Cody Rhodes in 2015/2016.

6. Punk

Cause he gets paid good.
    Some people like Neville and/or Cody would get frustrated in the position they're in and would rather re-brand and become bigger outside of the E.
    Ziggler seems like he doesn't care much and likes doing other ventures outside of his company time like comedy and whatnot.
    He's getting paid something like a mill for a year for just a mid-card position. Doesn't seem too bad.

7. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I've always liked Ziggler. I would love to see him get another run in the main event picture. I know he main evented Extreme Rules, but I'm talking as a run as either WWE or Universal Champion. I would be somewhat satisfied with him just being challenger.

He is still around because he is still very over with the fan base. The House Shows I went to last year, he got one of the loudest pops of the night. Guy is a very solid worker too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

I like Ziggler, and am glad they're setting him in a somewhat interesting feud. Hope they use him still, but I can also see why he won't leave.

9. Juventudinho

Ziggler used to be my favorite wrestler, but he's been drifting into "i dont really care do u" territory. :heenan:

10. Punk

that's bobby roode for me and has been since he came to WWE

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Juventudinho

Where’s Roode even been

12. AidsJohnson

AidsJohnson Rookie

He is this era's Scott Hall with the HBK look and moveset. He overdoes the selling and is loved because his talent is as real as his shadow. He should be in the main event, but people like Roman and Bork have it because of their size, so he and people like himself (Rollins for example) exist to keep the midcard filled with quality matches. If he wanted to, he could do this WWE game another 10 years, and give himself 2 or so more US title reigns.

A better question would be, why would WWE let him go? He is the definition of someone you want to go back and put NXT talent over between his runs on the midcard. Ziggler would be a world champion multiple times over in a company like Impact, why is he still cashing checks to stay in WWE?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

For the first time in his career he's been bearable, they're actually investing in him and it's paying off. Granted it's only for McIntyre to be elevated, but I'm okay w/ it. Usually call ups get a meaningless feud w/ Ziggler that goes nowhere. Examples being Breeze, Nak, Roode. At least they're building something this time

14. Blaze

Blaze Trainee

I'm the biggest Ziggler mark on this forum now, anyone else who was ahead of me moves back.

Honestly I do wish he would go somewhere else because even if he's getting this push right now, it's probably just to get Drew over in the end and then Ziggler will drop down and mistreated again and made to look like shit. Wish he'd go some place where he would be used and given a proper push.

15. Juventudinho

But unlike Hall, Ziggler is mistreated in the midcard. He went away for 3 months only to come back exactly as he was before. That's just poor writing and disrespectful to Ziggler and his fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

Ziggler isn't fit to lick Scot Hall's boots.

I hate Ziggler. But amazingly, he's one of the better performers on today's roster. That's how low WWE have sunk.

17. Juventudinho

Scott*

18. andie

If you don't think his current run is compelling you're fucking dumb

19. Juventudinho

Yes, how can I not love the REPACKAGED Dolph Ziggler walking out with a scratched record theme to get saved by Drew every week. Drew is the only thing that's interesting about the program, not in-conjunction with Ziggler.

20. andie

I'm sure he'd much rather toil away on SDL, than having a 30-minute slot on a PPV, being able to claim he ended Seth's white hot run, and receiving a prominent slot on SummerSlam. Bet he hates it