Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
I always hear people talking about X-pac heat, and its so fucking stupid.

X-pac heat is just an excuse to try and make a heel sound like he isn't doing his work right. The point of a heel is to be hated, for whatever reason. Acting as if people don't want to watch them is some sort of negative. People quite literally stabbed heels in the 70s, but I guess that was x-pac heat because it was too negative for a heel.

Reactions: Swamps

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
Just googled "X pac heat" as I never heard of it. I think getting good heat and not cheap heat is very hard these days. I never watched any match with X pac as I thought he was a stealer of names with 2pac but he is smart and had great feuds with Jerry Lynn and in the wwf and wwe.

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
Seth Rollins had X-Pac heat when he was champion.

People were not angry with him or emotionally invested in him. They were just bored to tears by him and wish he would fuck off. A truly boring performer.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Seth Rollins had X-Pac heat when he was champion.

People were not angry with him or emotionally invested in him. They were just bored to tears by him and wish he would fuck off. A truly boring performer.
His heat seemed pretty average. I didn't like him because he was annoying as fuck, but I guess he got the job done.

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
His heat seemed pretty average. I didn't like him because he was annoying as fuck, but I guess he got the job done.
No he didn't

A great heel talks you into the build to see him get beat. Flair being a textbook example. Rollins only talked people into turning off their TV sets.

Jay-Niner

Trainee
Dec 17, 2018
San Fran
I think that it is hard to gain real heat these days with everyone being able to look into the background of the wrestlers through the internet and social media. Hell right now I could argue that Lio Rush has the most real heat of anyone on Raw because people genuinely don't like that guy and are annoyed by him. He plays into it and that elevates his status as a true heel but even that can be considered "X-Pac Heat". The lines are blurred now.

Doug Hamilton

Rookie
Dec 13, 2018
I agree with the initial post, X-Pac heat is ridiculous because it attempts to diminish the work of a heel in their difficult task of getting heat in today's world. Outside of cheap heat (attacking the local city/sports team), heat is not easily secured as people have so much access to the performers outside of the ring and tend to root for people based on personal feelings, regardless of whether they're supposed to be the "good guy" or "bad guy." In today's wrestling, being a true heel or a true babyface are extremely difficult as we have become a cynical world that often lives in the grey area where everything is black and white.

andie

rockerboy
Super Moderator
D-Generation X
Sep 30, 2017
Think we people from Georgia probably consume 10xs more tea in a month than the brits do inna year

Swamps

Indie Wrestler
Donor
Jul 22, 2018
Atlanta
Think we people from Georgia probably consume 10xs more tea in a month than the brits do inna year
Hey! Stop ruining my insult dude! He was trying to roast Roadster... That is mine and Morton Job!

Oval

Indie Wrestler
Oct 7, 2017
Hey! Stop ruining my insult dude! He was trying to roast Roadster... That is mine and Morton Job!
I been roasting roadster since 2016 it's how I put food on the table for my wife and kids :tgmi: