WWE Planning on Launching Podcast Network

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
WWE is partnering with Endeavor Audio for the new project. WWE currently works with Endeavor Streaming to power the WWE Network. Endeavor Audio already works with The Bella Twins on their Bellas Podcast.

“Storytelling is at WWE’s core and we are eager to add the audio genre to our portfolio,” said WWE Advanced Media Executive Vice President Jayar Donlan. “Partnering with Endeavor Audio, an expert in podcasting, will enable us to provide our fans with unique content and reach new audiences across the platform.”

Endeavor Audio Senior Vice President Moses Soyoola added, “We’re always looking to pair dynamic content with the best formats for listeners. Through our new partnership with WWE, we’re looking forward to tapping into their iconic event portfolio and talent base to create compelling audio content for their fans.”
Source

WWE's new plan of taking over everything that makes independent wrestling and productions work is interesting, safe to say. However, I'm honestly interested if they'll have very relaxed rules or whether it's just some bogus WWE PR bullshit.

arnie

Trainee
Aug 22, 2019
I can see wwe providing free bandwidth in exchange for platform exclusivity - but I’m not sure that would actually draw big names in unless WWE were offering a deal they couldn’t refuse.

making money off of podcasting is ass

Reactions: Highspot

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
I can see wwe providing free bandwidth in exchange for platform exclusivity - but I’m not sure that would actually draw big names in unless WWE were offering a deal they couldn’t refuse.

making money off of podcasting is ass
Podcast money is not great like @arnie said so I don't see why the WWE is doing this.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Podcast money is not great like @arnie said so I don't see why the WWE is doing this.
Marketing. Same reason why they produce movies. Cheap to make, easy to profit, greater exposure and more material to license and monetize.

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
Marketing. Same reason why they produce movies. Cheap to make, easy to profit, greater exposure and more material to license and monetize.
If the WWE was my company I would try to monetize podcasts that actually matter not give space to tiny shitcasts that will not do it any good. But, I do agree more exposure good or bad always helps. Btw, off-topic, but I heard WWE has 10 hours of programming a week ehhh.

arnie

Trainee
Aug 22, 2019

Agreed. Ultimately content is king, if they can add this it will keep people within the orbit of the broader network. Total loss leader.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
If the WWE was my company I would try to monetize podcasts that actually matter not give space to tiny shitcasts that will not do it any good. But, I do agree more exposure good or bad always helps. Btw, off-topic, but I heard WWE has 10 hours of programming a week ehhh.
How won't it do any good if it gives the company exposure and a foothold in a fairly lucrative market. You start pushing WWE sponsors on podcasts, you make more money.

Oval

Indie Wrestler
Oct 7, 2017
WWE trying to take a chunk out of F4WOnline and Conrad Thompson as well I think. Won't work like their various other attempts but the crash & burn will be funny :ambrose: