1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Would you let a 14 year old girl visit her mom in jail?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by i1924, Aug 4, 2018.

1. i1924

i1924 Trainee

thought I'd ask this here since there is an off topic section.

The charge is a check fraud charge and it is an eight month sentence. My 14 year old daughter she seems to be handling it fine. I told her right away about it and she reacted pretty calmly. I told her mom did the wrong thing and is rightfully serving her punishment. They have a good relationship.

The main problem I have is she will see her mom in a jail jumpsuit and see guards and other inmates that could be intimidating. Is that ok for a 15 year old to see? Actually my daughter does not seem scared but instead seems excited and enthusiastic to visit. This is strange to me. Do you find this normal? My daughter seems to find the idea of her mom having to wearing a uniform, sharing a room funny. I wonder why she would think it is funny.

My wife says bring her if she would like to and my daughter says she would like to but I don't know if it is a good idea. She hasn't gone yet so we can still discuss it together.

2. TUMBAS

TUMBAS Indie Wrestler Donor D-Generation X

its her mom

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

I don't think it'd be an issue, if she went. I think it's worse for her to imagine the worst of her in the prison, then to see it herself.

4. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

I say it's best for her to go.

5. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

I agree with everyone here that its okay for your daughter to go. I think it will not psychologically damage your daughter but may serve as a deterrent. Best of luck to you and your family.

6. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

My mom took me to see my dad in jail, I was 6 at the time. One of the only times I saw him too.

7. BossHoss

BossHoss Trainee

I don't see a problem at all. She is 14 and most 14 year olds are 14 going on 30. Maybe she thinks it's funny because she thinks it'll be like OITNB?

8. Drewan

Drewan Indie Wrestler

Yea, why not. It's her mom.