1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

News Why WWE Is Rapidly Losing It's Viewers in 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Highspot, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

You are not going to get shitted on by me, bro. I already said I loved ECW, and I do miss the company. They did have some great matches. The whole bouncing checks issue with Heyman really is inexcusable, and I think there are several wrestlers who never got paid for their work. I will give Heyman one thing though, when all of his stars were leaving he did try to create newer stars, and was innovative. Like you said, they got right to the point of the show and put on wrestling matches. One of the most annoying things the WWE does is the continuous flashbacks and replays of stuff that happened a week ago, month ago, etc. Why not give that 10 - 15 minutes to wrestlers to do their job? Doesn't help when your tag team titles, and mid card titles are all in the same feud, so one may not get defended at the Pay Per View (HIAC for example). I understand that WCW put the tag titles on Hall and Nash when Hogan was the WHC because Hogan rarely worked house shows, and this gave them a main event for House Shows involving a championship. Different from what WWE is doing right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

I was never a ECW fan. But what would you prefer?

ECW or current WWE? Even I would prefer ECW.

3. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

ECW had great matches and shitty, bottom of the barrel storylines (not always, but a lot more than needed). WWE has alright matches and even worse storylines, because they aren't even intriguing, not even in a disgusting way.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jay the Oddity

Jay the Oddity Indie Wrestler The Four Horsemen

ECW had one of the greatest storylines of all time and that Raven vs Tommy Dreamer. So many companies to copy it, but fail excluding Impact who succeeded in doing so.