1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

News Why WWE Is Rapidly Losing It's Viewers in 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Highspot, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

Here is a youtube video describing it. I want to know why you think the viewership has gone down so much this year? Was it bad booking? No big names to get behind? Or, you're tired of the product?

2. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

My personal reasoning is bad booking and far too much product. At the least WWE is pushing around 5 hours a weekly. It's just too much and almost never entertaining to me. That's what turned me off.

3. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Not much is going on.

There's only about 5-6 programs running on the show(s), at any given time. They produce 5-6 hours of TV a week, yet 2/3 of their roster is non-existent. There's no variety, in other words.

I don't mind a 3 hour RAW, if it means that I get to see some different or new wrestlers get some time on TV. I'd sacrifice match times for angles involving undercard and new talent, tbh.

4. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

If you are Vince, what would you change?

5. Juventudinho

Nothing. WWE stock is at an all-time high. ROI is like +1000% and he's raking in money, all over the place. They've been accounting record numbers, expanding their markets, signing new and much more lucrative deals both having to do with wrestling and without it whilst also churning out ad revenue that would make any TV exec hard.

He has nothing to worry about, and nothing to change. He's found a winning formula.

6. Cortana

Cortana UNSC AI Serial Number: CTN 0452-9 Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

I would just showcase the younger talent more while promoting the bigger talent. Vince would never let go of the people that can produce money and I would invest in other wrestlers lightly as well to prepare to make another the next money maker.

7. Jay the Oddity

Jay the Oddity Indie Wrestler The Four Horsemen

Over saturation, fans realizing there are other alternatives to WWE, people getting tired of the same ole rinse and repeat things WWE does, and overall WWE just being boring and uninteresting.

8. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

No stars

The Reigns push failed

Rollins is too bland

Sami Zayn only appeals to virgins

Bryan sucks

They book for smarks too much. Who wants to watch over 6 hours of wrestling a week other than neckbeards?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Juventudinho

Sami Zayn hasn't been on TV since like July.
    Bryan isn't a headliner.
    Rollins isn't a headliner.

And apparently a lot of people do since they're signing record TV deals.

10. Jay the Oddity

Jay the Oddity Indie Wrestler The Four Horsemen

WWE books for Smarks? LMAO.

11. Morton Downey Jr

This week's RAW had the lowest rating in over 20 years. Explain that genius.

Bryan and Rollins are booked in prominent positions. Neither have proven to be a draw. Do you honestly think either of them could improve viewership?

The average age of a wrestling fan is around 55. They will soon die out. The only young people watching are geeks like yourself. Think about that for a second.

12. Morton Downey Jr

- Lots of long and boring wrestling matches

- Lots of small wrestlers in prominent positions

- Lots of indie talent in prominent positions

So yes, they do book for smarks

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Juventudinho

I guess every wrestling company prior to 1998 booked for smarks lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Morton Downey Jr

The likes of Zayn, Bryan and Owens would have been jobbers in the late 90s.

The industry has regressed.

15. Juventudinho

I guess every wrestling company prior to 1998 booked for smarks lmao

16. Morton Downey Jr

WCW pushed Flair, Sid, Sting, Luger, Road Warriors, etc. WWF pushed Warrior, Hogan, Luger, Savage, Flair, Million Dollar Man, etc

All of them at least 6ft tall and had physical presence. None of them had "indie" credibility. No one cared in the 80s and early 90s if a wrestler had applied his trade in a certain indie promotion. Today a wrestler gets credit just for having a stint in ROH.

Flair could put on a wrestling masterclass. Today it's just pretentious high spots, strong style crap and gymnastics.

17. Juventudinho

Hogan was signed from AWA, Flair was the first super indie star, Sting also signed due to his independent cred, Road Warriors were the Flair of the independent tag team divisions, Savage and his family are known for their work on the independent markets in the south-east (I think Florida), Warrior was brought in from Texas and his work there.

Every wrestler prior to 2002 had independent credibilities, that's an over-statement, but when the WWE developmental territory was extra charged, WWE stopped signing credible independent wresters. They restarted because they bring a good fanbase with them, and they put on matches that fit the new WWE style.

They won't be Hogan or Flair, but neither will anyone in the next 20-25 years. It's not completely at the fault of the wrestlers. The people telling them to put on those matches, cut those corny promos and to do everything they do.

Also wrestlers get credibility for wrestling in the ROH because it's one of the few places left to ply your trade for serious cash. No one cared before because everything besides the Georgia territory of the NWA and WWE was considered a small promotion and there was hundreds that could make a profit. It's a unique quality to wrestle on the independent circuit instead of going for a WWE tryout and being produced, in-house. Journeymen will always have more credibility and always be more endearing to the fans. Doesn't matter if it's wrestling or fuckin tennis.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Morton Downey Jr

Did WWF fans care that Hogan came from the AWA? When the Road Warriors got over big in WWF in the early 90s did the fans care that they wrestled in the NWA? Did WWF fans care that the Warrior worked with the Von Erichs in Texas?

No. They all got over because they were great acts. Today the fans demand anyone that is small, unconventional looking, and has an indie rep to get a push.

19. Juventudinho

Because independent wrestlers weren't a novelty, then.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Morton Downey Jr

What fanbases did they bring? The people who watch ROH, also watch the WWE.