1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. WishlistMaster

WishlistMaster Rookie

This thread is about the world could've or look like in the past or in the future?

2. Davey Wrestling

Davey Wrestling Rookie

Well, its pretty much accepted that in past the worlds landmass was one big super continent and in the future a large portion of the landmass we have now will be under the seas...

It should be accepted that borders are simply lines drawn on maps of those continents for the sake of money, but people are generally to xenophobic to have that discussion....

Where would you like this discussion to go?

3. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

No it shouldn't be accepted just because the angry white woman on TV told you. What if I told you, just because someone disagree with you they're not a "Xenophobe"? Are you willing to let total strangers come into your home and stay that you didn't know? Would you let someone come in who has a record of violence, to your home?

Is it about money? Yes. Ever take a class on Economics? If not, enlighten yourself on that subject before calling people Xenophobes. Is it about security too? Yes. The world ain't sunshine and rainbows where everyone gets along and the only bad people are those "Evil White Capitalists".

4. Davey Wrestling

Davey Wrestling Rookie

Not too sure what you're disagreeing with me about here. The fact that countries borders are the result of wars and that all people on the planet, regardless of race or religion are people?

The fact that governments need borders to outline where the outskirts of their ability to tax are and to keep track of the people coming in so that they too can be taxed?

I wouldnt allow somebody I didnt know into my personal home, but in terms of allowing people who's only mistake is to accidentally get born in the wrong country to have an equal opportunity at life to that I have, I have no issue whatsoever with immigration.

What I do have an issue with, is knowing (from the sample size of people I know) that the majority of people (again, that I know) that voted for brexit did so based purely on xenophobia, stupidity and a complete lack of understanding of how business in this country works.

Out of curiosity, why do you think these people would come into your home?

5. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Oh, you were discussing from the European end of the spectrum. I know nothing about BRexit, so I can't comment on any of that. I don't keep up with European political issues for two specific reasons.

I don't really know if my response would be in line to counteract your argument, if we are discussing two different continents with different issues.

If you still want my response, it will pertain to the North American Continent and not Europe. No Xenophobia in my reasons, just don't live there and don't care. I have my reasons too.

6. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

What is your stance on immigration, specifically?

7. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I have no problem with "Legal" immigration. My white family "Legally" moved here in the early 1900s.

8. Roadster

Why the quotation marks?

9. WishlistMaster

WishlistMaster Rookie

It's a question.

10. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

To put emphasis on what I agreed with, when responding to your question.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Roadster

Huh

12. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Just to clear the air, I have no problem helping citizens of wore torn countries if they're fleeing for survival or because they want a better life for their children. Had my family not been allowed to get away from Germany I wouldn't be here. It pisses me off with a passion the way people are labeled a "Nazi" here in this country when they have a difference of opinion or have no opinion. I've come close to blows with some of my best friends for joking with me about being a Nazi just because of my last name. And it's usually those people calling people a Nazi that have the same political ideology as Hitler's movement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roadster

Those labels get thrown around, a ton. Many people on the left call people on the right "nazis" whilst people on the right call people on the left "communists". It seems to be engrained in modern political culture to just call your opponent as many insults and labels as possible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. WishlistMaster

WishlistMaster Rookie

You guys can add fictionally map.