1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

What do you recommend for someone to lose weight?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Roadster, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

What do you recommend for someone to lose weight?

I'd say, take up a sport that you like. Cut back on bad eating habits, slowly. Drink a lot more water, and probably take up a hobby since boredom is one of the main reasons that lead to over-eating.

2. Punk

Punk Get the Strap! Platinum D-Generation X

Keep moving and diet.
    Like say if you go to the gym for 90 minutes. Don't make that the end of your activity for the day.
    Cut soda out and drink more organic shit.

3. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

I'd also recommend fasting for a couple of days, and using that time to do some light activity. When the time comes to eat, drink water and eat low fat foods.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Adam

Adam Trainee

Count calories, it is pretty simple once you do that tbh. Gym paired with calorie counting made me lose 40lbs in the last 8 months.

Worth noting that Low Fat usually means High Sugar and vice versa.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

I recommend a lifestyle change as it will work in the long run. First, one liter of water a day and if you go by any bodybuilder eat eight small healthy meals a day. This way, your metabolism keeps burning fat. For me, I was always thin and now I am heavier due to herniated 4 discs in my neck. If you drive, park far away from the office, school or work. If you starve yourself trust me you will gain everything back. It's all about having a balanced life that you can meditate and exercise to relieve stress. If you hate to workout in front of anyone try ddp yoga!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Lavender Haze

Lavender Haze Indie Wrestler

Exercise and eat Healthy.
    What has helps me to maintain my Weight is that I drink at least 1-2 cups of water every time before I eat. That way the water has time to fill u up, abit, helping u to eat a less. Works for me every time!
    Here is a little known fact:
    Put ur hand in a lose fist, Hold it up yo ur stomach. That's the size the inside of ur stomach is. If U put both fists together, that's the size of ur brain. :D :D Just a little factoid there. Lol

7. Kent

Kent Rookie

Stop eating as much it's really simple and it always works no one wants to do it but if you quit eating as much I don't give a f*** what you're eating you're going to lose weight end of Point Blank in the discussion if you really want to drop weight you have to quit eating as much beyond that though you can cut your carbs and keep eating just as much and still lose weight if you want the best way to lose weight cut your carbs and not eat as much and then you really will drop weight and if you just want to go insane cut your carbs don't eat as much and workout holy s*** you will drop weight and be muscular as hell within 2 months but you actually have to do it

8. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Really? Muscular in two months? Just by exercise and I can still eat like shit?

Wow! Science was just totally omitted in this guy's highly intelligent response!

Health and nutrition experts say the safe way to drop weight is to lose between 1 and 2 LBs a week to do this safely. Rule of thumb, you need to drop between 7 and 10 lbs to lise an inch off of you waist. To gain an inch of muscle you need to add about 10 LBs, and lift heavy 3 to 4 times a week. However, this thread is asking to lose weight, so I'll chime in a bit.

Rule #1 don't ever take any of Kent's advise.

Now, you need to have a reduction of 3500 calories a week to drop 1 pound. 7,000 for two. You can easily find 500-1000 spare calories by dropping soda and energy drinks. Or simply going to diet or sugar free. Although it's highly recommended to drink water. Water flushes toxins, relieves bloating, acts as a natural energy supplement, etc.

You need to at least do 30 minutes of some sort of activities, at least three times a week. This can even be walking, light jogging, etc. One thing I recommend is getting a pedometer to keep track of your steps. A Japanese study found that 10,000 steps a day can really help you get in better shape. The pedometer can help you keep track of your steps. I have a Pacer app on my phone. I did have a Fitbit, but lost it during Annual Weapons Qualification. If you need advise on workouts use Google or YouTube to find workouts for beginners. Count you calories. Use a calorie calculator to find your daily needs and start from there.

When exercising try to keep your heart rate between 60 and 80 percent of your max heart rate. To find your max heart rate, subtract your age from 220. For example, mine is, 220-34 = 186 beats per minute. To find sixty percent of your max, multiply you max heart rate by .6. and so on.

Anyone needs any advice feel free to ask, or just send me a PM.