1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Impact Wrestling TNA Launches "Global Wrestling Network"

Discussion in 'Indie Wrestling' started by Juventudinho, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Estou Pronto Administrator

This sounds pretty cool. Free Impact episodes with an option to pay for access to no-ads and old shows. It's a bare bones wrestling version of the WWE Network. It won't be as massive or big as the Network, but I still dig it.

More and more wrestling companies are gonna follow suite. Chikara in 2014, TNA in 2017.

2. TUMBAS

TUMBAS Indie Wrestler Donor

free wrestling with ad revenue? Seems TNA is really trying anything it can these days to make its buck

3. Juventudinho

Why wouldn't they?

4. Smarkslayer

Smarkslayer What, like it's hard?

Why are they still using the Global name? I said I wouldn't support this company anymore after they fired Jarrett and bitched the GFW merger, but I did like old school TNA, so I'll give it a shot for a month.

There's no NWA-TNA here? No buys. I'll check out the free trial, but I doubt I'll subscribe. I'd pay most for the 2002-2004 weeklies.

Backtrack, they do have 2002, just not July 2003 to 2004. Interesting. I'll see how this develops.

5. Indy

Indy Indie Wrestler Platinum

Pretty sure all the weekly PPVs were released on YouTube like a year ago, or well, they'd release them in order week-by-week so they're probably in 2003 now.

6. Smarkslayer

They pulled them off YouTube when the network was announced.

I actually found the first year, June 2002 - July 2003 under Asylum Years on GWN, but not the last year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Punk

Punk Commissioner Platinum

I feel like $7.99 isn't really a fair price compared to what you get on the WWE Network.
    I would probably only use the free trial to watch up to 2010.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smarkslayer

I agree and I disagree. It is $2 cheaper and to make up for some of it they'll be stream Indies like SMASH and BCW.

They do need to get the rest of NWA-TNA up and I hope they increase their yearly PPV to at least 5 and air them on the network live.

9. Juventudinho

That won't happen for some time.

TNA's PPV market share is dwindling. They need the little money they can scrap from the PPV industry. They make a lot of money off of it, but can't risk losing anymore than they already are.

10. Smarkslayer

That's the biggest thing holding me back. I lost interest when they dropped all, but two PPV.

Even if I pay extra for it, get me at least TakeOver amount.

11. Punk

Punk Commissioner Platinum

SMASH content is okay and idk about BCW so can't say anything about that. Still would say $7.99 is a bit of a meh price. Maybe $4.99 or $5.99 I'd say yeah. And still for maybe a few months cause I can't see a reason to stay subscribed to them.

12. Smarkslayer

I have a feeling it went end at SMACH and BCW, though. They keep making deals. Jarrett needs to come back, too, since he was great at it.

13. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. DK JAMES

DK JAMES Indie Wrestler Donor

Hmmmm this is pretty cool. I'll definitely give it a shot. Was a pretty big TNA fanboy up until like 2014 but could not give any less of a shit at this point but this'll be a nice trip down memory lane.

15. Juventudinho

2014 was the last good year.

That Summer in NYC was the best television produced by TNA since Aries was champ.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Smarkslayer

I don't particularly remember liking much from 2014, but that was the year I stopped watching.

17. Juventudinho

It was a great time. They went straight back to basics. Brought over some foreign talent. Had hot crowds. Booked the X-Division like a No-Limits division. Great stuff.

18. Smarkslayer

I'd have to strongly disagree considering that was the year made a diehard TNA fan turn on it. Isn't that the year of Dixieland? :eek:

I will say at least it was before deletion and Billy Corgan. So I'd still rather watch 2014 over 2015-2016.

19. Juventudinho

Dixieland was more or less the best part of the show. Led to the best built moment (and the one that got TNA kicked off Spike TV).

It wasn't the same Dixieland from late 2013 that had the WHC title with them, and was main eventing every show - so there's that.

20. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion Super Moderator Platinum

Has anyone purchased this? If so, how is it?