1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

News Thomas Billington, known as "The Dynamite Kid", has died at age 60

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Highspot, Dec 6, 2018 at 12:39 PM.

1. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

I never liked Dynamite Kid as a person but what he did in the ring was great. He really paved the way for smaller wrestlers and RIP. What are your thoughts?

Source

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018 at 3:04 PM
  2. Motts

Motts Trainee

Heard he was kind of a douche out of the ring but man innovative wrestler and wholly underrated!

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

Yeah beating his wife and all

He was revolutionary in the ring, at least

4. Highspot

This sums him up if I may say so
    "He used to wake his then-wife up with a gun to her head, and tell her that next time it would be loaded. On multiple occasions. He also beat her shitless. Diana Hart claims he used to drug and anally rape his wife too (and shared tips and techniques on how to drug her with Jim Neidhart) but this has been contested.

He broke his niece's kneecaps for insurance money.

He was known for being a dick in the ring too when he felt like hurting his opponent, stiffing guys to try and injure them for no perceivable reason.

He was also a bully in the locker room, going way too far with his ribs and doing shit like cutting people's ring gear or clothing to pieces, once swapped Davey Boy's steroid needle for milk and let him inject it."

5. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

Terrible human being. Talented but flawed performer.

Damaged the industry in a weird sort of way. He inspired Benoit who opened the door for the likes of Bryan and Davey Richards. All of which were not fit to be headline talent.

6. Highspot

I hate Benoit for obvious reason nothing wrestling related and he was a shit interviewer. But, I will say, there is always room on a card for smaller guys and they don't have to draw money they are just there to fill up the time. I don't care about who drewed money as I have been to more independent shows and saw guys that just got laid off from WWF at the time so its in the eye of the beholder. I watch what I like, some people hate death match wrestling which is fine but I love it because it takes some balls to go out there and take punishment for not a lot of money. Lastly, we all have a lot in common here on PWF, we love wrestling, don't like the direction WWE is going and want to talk about it. Sorry for the long rant but lets all respect each other. I am not right just my opinion but hope we can all get along.

7. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

That's the problem though.

Dynamite was pushed as a tag team wrestler. The right spot for him in WWF. Today, similar performers get pushed beyond their means. At least Dynamite had some intensity to him and you could believe he was a tough guy. Same with Benoit to a lesser degree. Today, wrestlers of similar physical stature, whether in terms of height and physique, are pushed who have nowhere near the same presence or intensity.

Does anyone really look at Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Sami Zayn, and The Young Bucks, and think "boy, I wouldn't like to fight him".

8. Highspot

It's a lost generation when you talk about how easy it is to be apart of the business. Before 2000, wrestlers would have to be tough in order to get into a school. Now, everyone has a fking school and I feel the business has suffered from it. The 80s,90s were golden and a great part of wrestling and very believable. We now live with wrestlers tweeting stuff out and breaking Kayfabe. For me as a fan I wish I could back in time and see Jake the Snake Roberts vs Rick Rude but I know that will never happen. For me, in 1999, after ECW was gone I was heartbroken as I thought they could have some type of audience even though it would be small. I would go to independent shows in New York called ICW and they would hold event in the Elks lodge. After I went to school, I didn't follow wrestling that much at all as me and my brother would go and it was the only bonding thing we have ever done. Now, I watch death match wrestling which most ppl think is garbage but for me it mellows me out. IDK, I was a wwf fan in the 80s and early 90s but I kinda of gave up until now. Lastly, I know some dm wrestlers and I thought we were friends but that was not the case plus my mother dying so all I do is try to say afloat everyday.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Yeah, he messed up and bullied Jacque Rougeau too many time. Ever hear the story where Jaq took a roll of quarters and knocked a few of Dynamite's teeth out?

10. Highspot

Yeah, I remember hearing that from a shoot interview. Can't say I shed a tear when I heard the news about his death.