News The undertaker thinks Gimmick or characters are more important than moves

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
The Undertaker thinks having a good character and being able to cut a promo is worth more than someone that can do a great number of moves. I think the Undertaker is correct but to a certain point. You can be great on the microphone and have a great character created by Vince but if you can't produce in the ring you will not last long and I think its the same thing reversed if you have a horrible character, bad promo etc. What are your thoughts????

Source

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
In the WWE, yes.

Moves are important, but if you have no attractable qualities than you won't get any steam. Look at guys like Lance Storm or Shelton Benjamin. They could put on a 5-star, pure wrestling, match but no one would bat an eye since they're vanilla.

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
The results speak for themselves.

Undertaker, Hogan, Warrior and Nash all were bigger stars than Zayn, Owens and Bryan ever will be.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
The results speak for themselves.

Undertaker, Hogan, Warrior and Nash all were bigger stars than Zayn, Owens and Bryan ever will be.
You're comparing Undertaker, Hogan, Warrior and Nash to Zayn, Owens and Bryan?

Swamps

Indie Wrestler
Donor
Jul 22, 2018
Atlanta
In the WWE, yes.

Moves are important, but if you have no attractable qualities than you won't get any steam. Look at guys like Lance Storm or Shelton Benjamin. They could put on a 5-star, pure wrestling, match but no one would bat an eye since they're vanilla.
I don't know what Storms deal was, when it came to personality. Ever hear his podcast? The man is hilarious! If he was the same guy from the podcasts back when he was a full time worker, he would have been a multi time world champion. It's like he is way more relaxed.

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
Nash is the lowest drawing champion in history dude
That is a myth.

The WWF drew a profit in 1995. They didn't draw a profit in 1994 or 1996. By any metric there were worse WWF champions than Nash. Nash's drawing power peaked in WCW, where he was a bigger star than any of your indie darlings ever will be.

Drag

Dat Kid Sucks Dick
Platinum
Oct 5, 2017
the man
That is a myth.

The WWF drew a profit in 1995. They didn't draw a profit in 1994 or 1996. By any metric there were worse WWF champions than Nash. Nash's drawing power peaked in WCW, where he was a bigger star than any of your indie darlings ever will be.
ok Kevin

Drag

Dat Kid Sucks Dick
Platinum
Oct 5, 2017
the man
Well stop derailing the thread with dribble then.

Surely there is a dungeons and dragons thread where you can post your crap in.
muhfucka u can talk all you want about ur lil indy darlings that's on YOU i dont hold it against u but do no t try to limit my fucking creativity you motherfucker neckbeard fucking dungeons ands dragon virgin ass lookin neckbeard habving motherfuckin BITCH

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
muhfucka u can talk all you want about ur lil indy darlings that's on YOU i dont hold it against u but do no t try to limit my fucking creativity you motherfucker neckbeard fucking dungeons ands dragon virgin ass lookin neckbeard habving motherfuckin BITCH
You sad strange little man.

Punk

Get the Strap!
Platinum
D-Generation X
Sep 29, 2017
Canada
Well I think in pro wrestling, it's still crucial to have a good/captivating character. Not only in WWE.
That's how they tell a really good story when they actually have a match. Look at Orton, they made him sadistic again with the Hardy ear thing and people are eating it up.

90% of the characters are not good characters in the WWE, which is why the product is so boring. (Also the shit writers)

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
yeah cool go jack off to pics of kevin owens and sami zayn you fucking mark i'll stick with the likes of hogan and austin, y'know, people who actually made MONEY
The sad thing is that you probably think you are being a rebel liking Zayn and Owens.

Drag

Dat Kid Sucks Dick
Platinum
Oct 5, 2017
the man
The sad thing is that you probably think you are being a rebel liking Zayn and Owens.
HA! good joke buddy, i don't like those vanilla ass midgets but you're FREE to think you're some cool underground wrestling fan by liking them lmao. Pathetic, I on the other hand like wrestlers people actually know and who are uh, in shape. But you can continue to enjoy ur rings of honor or whatever the FUCK it's called