1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

News The undertaker thinks Gimmick or characters are more important than moves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Highspot, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

The Undertaker thinks having a good character and being able to cut a promo is worth more than someone that can do a great number of moves. I think the Undertaker is correct but to a certain point. You can be great on the microphone and have a great character created by Vince but if you can't produce in the ring you will not last long and I think its the same thing reversed if you have a horrible character, bad promo etc. What are your thoughts????

Source

2. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

In the WWE, yes.

Moves are important, but if you have no attractable qualities than you won't get any steam. Look at guys like Lance Storm or Shelton Benjamin. They could put on a 5-star, pure wrestling, match but no one would bat an eye since they're vanilla.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jay the Oddity

Jay the Oddity Indie Wrestler The Four Horsemen

Lol.

4. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

5. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

The results speak for themselves.

Undertaker, Hogan, Warrior and Nash all were bigger stars than Zayn, Owens and Bryan ever will be.

6. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

You're comparing Undertaker, Hogan, Warrior and Nash to Zayn, Owens and Bryan?

7. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I don't know what Storms deal was, when it came to personality. Ever hear his podcast? The man is hilarious! If he was the same guy from the podcasts back when he was a full time worker, he would have been a multi time world champion. It's like he is way more relaxed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Morton Downey Jr

Yes

The first four drew houses and money. The latter three tank houses and ratings.

9. Drag

Drag Dat Kid Sucks Dick Platinum

Nash is the lowest drawing champion in history dude

• Like Like x 1
  10. Morton Downey Jr

That is a myth.

The WWF drew a profit in 1995. They didn't draw a profit in 1994 or 1996. By any metric there were worse WWF champions than Nash. Nash's drawing power peaked in WCW, where he was a bigger star than any of your indie darlings ever will be.

11. Drag

ok Kevin

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Morton Downey Jr

Prove he was the lowest drawing champion.

Don't deflect like a pussy

13. Drag

bruh i don't fucking care lmao

14. Morton Downey Jr

Well stop derailing the thread with dribble then.

Surely there is a dungeons and dragons thread where you can post your crap in.

15. Drag

muhfucka u can talk all you want about ur lil indy darlings that's on YOU i dont hold it against u but do no t try to limit my fucking creativity you motherfucker neckbeard fucking dungeons ands dragon virgin ass lookin neckbeard habving motherfuckin BITCH

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Morton Downey Jr

You sad strange little man.

17. Drag

yeah cool go jack off to pics of kevin owens and sami zayn you fucking mark i'll stick with the likes of hogan and austin, y'know, people who actually made MONEY

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Punk

Punk Get the Strap! Platinum D-Generation X

Well I think in pro wrestling, it's still crucial to have a good/captivating character. Not only in WWE.
    That's how they tell a really good story when they actually have a match. Look at Orton, they made him sadistic again with the Hardy ear thing and people are eating it up.

90% of the characters are not good characters in the WWE, which is why the product is so boring. (Also the shit writers)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Morton Downey Jr

The sad thing is that you probably think you are being a rebel liking Zayn and Owens.

20. Drag

HA! good joke buddy, i don't like those vanilla ass midgets but you're FREE to think you're some cool underground wrestling fan by liking them lmao. Pathetic, I on the other hand like wrestlers people actually know and who are uh, in shape. But you can continue to enjoy ur rings of honor or whatever the FUCK it's called

• Funny Funny x 1