Storyline The Spirit Never Dies

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America

The post-IWTMania crowd sits in confusion as former IWT General Manager, Michael, makes his way out to the ring wearing an all black suit and a red dress shirt. He buttons his blazer on the ramp and takes a microphone out from his back pocket. He steps down the ramp and enters the ring. He looks around at the crowd with a nonchalant look on his face. He takes a deep breath and begins.

Michael: Last night, IWTMania VI: The Last Chapter, as it was to be called was a total disaster. Our glorious General Manager, Dat Kid was AWOL and nowhere to be found. I tried contacting him, finding him and the result was merely a void of nothing. You know, since IWT was founded there's been two constants...Michael and Dat Kid. Whether the promotion was dead, alive or in a coma - both of us were the ones to be assured of a consistent appearance. I had a mutual respect for Kid for many years, 5 years ago - he gave a kid a chance and in those 5 years that kid has went on to become the greatest legend in IWT history whilst he...he fizzled out. He came in with a new regime, after I signed away my duties. He came in with new ideas, new promises, new structure - but what he possessed in innovation, he lacked in dedication.

Michael strolls around the ring, whilst the crowd reacts with boos.

Michael: He promised everyone that IWTMania VI was the final nail in the IWT coffin. That he had exercised everything in his power to execute the perfect plan and it had failed. Allow IWT to bow out, one final time. And he was right, the IWT has bowed out. 7 years, dozens of champions, gallons of blood, sweat and tears. It's been a magical experience, but it was one that had dried up. We- or rather Dat Kid no longer had the aptitude to produce IWT. He was a dreadful General Manager and booker, he made this company look like total shite - and with his career, it goes into the grave. IWT is dead. The IWT is no more. The IWT was a magical place, in it's prime, but incompetence and castration have left it for dead. I, for one, no longer intend to revive the IWT. The IWT has been buried 6 feet under and it's history locked away. There is no. more. IWT.

The crowd erupts into boos and jeers at the announcement.

Michael: We've burned the IWT to the ground, it's ashes spread amongst the Indus River basin. The IWT is dead, and with it comes reincarnation. The IWT is dead, the IWT is no more - but professional wrestling continues. Ladies and gentlemen, I've taken it upon myself to establish a new organization, an international wrestling organization that will establish a new legacy and a new territory. We call back to the olympic inventions of the Greeks, the tradition and respect of the pro-wrestling industry. Ladies and gentlemen...I present to you...Diethnes Wrestling

The crowd continues to boo.

Michael: Diethnes Wrestling is your new home for professional wrestling. With it, a new breed of stars will arise. With it, a new crop of talent of mature. the IWT is over, Diethnes has arrived. International Wrestling, at it's finest. But don't worry, ladies and gentlemen... for not everything is changing. Seeing as how our last ever IWT World Champion put in a domineering performance at IWTMania VI...I'd like to present Diethnes Wrestling's International Heavyweight Championship of the World too....LORD...LEE!

Michael unpacks a shiny new title from a velvet sack and points to the entrance way.