The Art Of Wrestling

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain

Haven't I seen that name somewhere before? Hmmm...

Pro Wrestling is fun, it's entertaining and it's creative. And it inspires creativity in it's fans too. This thread is about showcasing that creativity. Why? Because it's fun to look at!

So, if you spot anything on your travels that you think fits, post it in here and let us all take a look :)

Davey Wrestling

Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
So, to start off with - the guy who's images are on the thread header and that has been featured by WWE.com on numerous occasions; Rob Shamberger.

He paint's these from scratch and is incredibly prolific. You can follow him on Twitter here. Here's some of his work (a bit on the large size but taken straight from his site):

Davey Wrestling

Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
So, it's about time this thread got a new entry so I'll continue with.... a cancelled video game!

The first few of these character concepts were released by an artist now working for Naughty Dog, Richard Lyons; you can check out his artstation HERE: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/9OoPL

I've included a gameplay video below the images so you can get an idea of what we missed out on - it looks to have been 3-D fighter ala Powerstone (which could have been really good).

However, it's the character art that stands out. Bringing the WWE "superstars" to life in a comic book way that, quite frankly, I can't understand why they don't do more of in the real world. Take a look: