1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Soccer/Football Season 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Roadster, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

Per usual discussion of the new footie season. We're about 6 weeks into this new season, the league tables are beginning to take form.

Discuss

2. Roadster

#1 sport, gets the #1 discussion thread.

Talk about the current season, no matter the league or stage. International or Club. It all goes here.

3. Roadster

USA 4-0 Panama

Great victory that puts USA into qualification. If Costa Rica gets a draw or loss in their next two games (unlikely) then the USA will be scotch free. They face Trinidad next, and I ain't sweating them.

Wood, Altidore and Pulisic have done amazing things and are working more fluidly and tightly than before. A Gold Cup in the summer, World Cup qualification and maybe a run into the World Cup knockout round seems possible.

4. Roadster

Wales takes a late L.

Argentina might not make it to the World Cup, which is fucking scary.

5. Roadster

Says Game Day, but it's more about the Footie weekend. I'm going to post the fixtures that entertain me, and I encourage everyone to do so as well. It can be any league, but I will try to pick out the best games from the major leagues. I will link a full list of fixtures at the bottom of each thread.

La Liga -
    Atletico Madrid vs. Barcelona (October 14th)
    Full match list

Premier League -
    Manchester United vs. Liverpool (October 14th)
    Full match list

Serie A -
    Juventus vs. Lazio (October 14th)
    Roma vs. Napoli (October 14th
    Internazionale Milan vs. AC Milan (October 15th)
    Full match list

Scottish Premiership -
    Aberdeen vs. Hibernian (October 14th)
    Full match list

MLS -
    Chicago Fire SC vs. Philadelphia Union (October 15th)
    Toronto FC vs. Montreal Impact (October 15th)
    Full match list

Bundesliga -
    Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  6. Roadster

We got some good derbies coming up. Inter vs. Milan, Man Utd vs. Liverpool, Toronto vs. Montreal.

I suspect a lot of tension during the Barça vs. Atleti game. Establishment capital vs. Rouge community. It's not El Classico, but it has the same implications. Diego has never beaten Barcelona, so I'm feeling a strong showing from Catalonia. Barcelona is definitely winning this league.

Manchester Untied is likely to get the W over Liverpool. Despite an inspiring transfer window, Liverpool fail to live up to the hype. Maybe The Ox has a curse that is cast on any team he plays for.

Similar to Liverpool, AC Milan had an amazing transfer window but also failed to live up to expectations. I am hoping for a strong showing from Andre Silva, but want Inter Milan to win. They're a quiet yet dangerous side this season. No one is talking about how they've been in great form and might actually present some competition to Juve.

Toronto vs. Montreal is always a crazy game. Organic and realistic footie action in the MLS is always a rarity. Establishment vs. Rouge Community - always a unique thing.

Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig. Undoubtly Leipzig have fallen the pecking order. Dortmund are serious competition, and are stern contenders this year. I'm hoping for a Leipzig win, since I love them.

7. Roadster

Missed the game, but saw the highlights. A ridiculous amount of missed chances by Liverpool and Man Utd, but more-so Utd.

Currently watching Atleti vs. Barca, and it's been a pretty intense game.

8. Roadster

Atleti slipped at the last moments to Barca, but a draw is better than a loss.

Saw that Chelsea and Arsenal lost to Palaca and Warford. Laughed my ass off. Glad the league is up for grabs by both Manchester teams, this year.

Gonna post highlights for each of the matches I posted about, tomorrow or whenever the games are done.

9. Roadster

Getting #ready for the footie day today. Derby della Maddonna followed by Chicago Fire vs. The Union.

10. Roadster

11. Roadster

12. Indy

Indy Indie Wrestler

Have this thread on watch similar to how I'm on suicide watch lmfao so you better keep posting or else I'll be pulling the trigger

13. Roadster

:deth:

14. Roadster

2nd week of this shit. I'm probably going to be the only one posting, but I don't really mind. Anyways, per usual, if you do wish to post - post the match(es) you are looking forward, find interesting to or expect to be entertaining.

Bundesliga -
    Hamburg SV vs. Bayern Munich (October 21st)

Serie A -
    Inter vs. Napoli (October 22nd)

La Liga -
    Atlético Madrid vs. Celta de Vigo (October 22nd)

Premier League -
    Arsenal vs. Everton (October 22nd)
    Liverpool vs. Tottenham Hotspur (October 22nd)

MLS -
    Chicago Fire vs. Houston Dynamo (October 22nd)
    New York City vs. Columbus Crew (October 22nd)

Full fixture list

15. Roadster

Chicago slaughtered in their first Playoff game in 5 years. Sad state of affairs.

16. Indy

Indy Indie Wrestler

Ajax beat Feyenoord 1-4 away lmfao that how we do it

17. Roadster

Pretty good day for Footie.

Atletico choked in the final 10 minutes, again. RB Leipzig were out-played and put down by an extremely in-form Bayern side. Also Rangers and Man Utd won, so I guess that's cool.

18. Roadster

Goddamn Inter.

Conceding a penalty after playing like shit away to Verona.

19. Roadster

Holy fuck bro haha.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Indy

Indy Indie Wrestler

I feel like you're slowly losing your mind in this thread

• Dislike Dislike x 1