1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Rumor SmackDown TV deal uncertain

Discussion in 'SmackDown LIVE!' started by Juventudinho, May 16, 2018.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

That's a little odd as to why SmackDown will be on a different media company, all together. I always thought WWE gave exclusive media rights to NBCU, but if SmackDown does move to Fox; I'd reckon it'd get higher ratings than RAW on USA.

2. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

The ratilngs will much higher as you have to figure that not everyone has cable. This would be a good deal for the WWE

3. Juventudinho

Just feel like WWE like continuity and universality

4. andie

andie Piss off Ghost! D-Generation X

It's said that if the deal goes through, the only time a PPV will make more profit than a Raw show is if it's a big four. So if PPVs have already felt meaningless then I can't wait till they actually are.

5. andie

andie Piss off Ghost! D-Generation X

And it feels like SDL only got put on USA a few years ago, they can never keep a network. Just don't want them to back to SYFY.

6. Juventudinho

I don't think WWE will make the PPVs meaningless, I think they're going to try and get them to gain in value.

I don't see WWE giving away a good or big match on a RAW, regardless if RAW would make more money.

7. Juventudinho

SmackDown is moving to Fridays on Fox in October 2019.

The deal is reportedly worth $1 Billion, about $250+ mil a year. That's crazy money.