1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Serious Shooting at Mosque in Christchurch, NZ

Discussion in 'Personal, Serious, Interests & Debates' started by Roadster, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

Source

The guy apparently streamed it on Facebook too.

This is wicked.

2. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler Donor

Here will come the gun control debates in the US. Even though it didn't happen here....

3. Roadster

Usually the case with everything

4. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

I don't care to talk about gun control. Besides that, my prayers go to the victims as any conversation about anything else doesn't help the families that have to deal with the pain of losing their loved ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Roadster

Death toll is ranging around 50, now.

6. Highspot

It's horrific and so sad and again my prayers go out to the families that have lost their loved ones.

7. Delirium

Delirium Trainee

120 Christians have been killed in Nigeria in the last 3 weeks by Muslim radicals and the mainstream media refuses to report on it. There's a lot of bad things going on in the world but it seems most of it goes unreported because it doesn't fit the narrative.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Roadster

You're comparing decades long ethno-religious violence (which is regularly reported on) in rural Nigeria to the violence that takes place in urban New Zealand?

You expect a shit in the toilet, you don't expect a shit in your sink.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Long Live Ulster

Long Live Ulster Trainee

Dont get me wrong I hate the media and their love of twisting the public against eachother but talking about nigerean violence and comparing it to new zealand is just stupid.

10. Delirium

Delirium Trainee

How about the Muslim who blew up those British girls outside the Ariana Grande concert? That story was quickly forgotten and everyone was reminded how "it's not all Muslims". Does that hit closer to home?

11. Delirium

Delirium Trainee

Violence is violence when you're the victim. I'm sure if you had your family murdered in Nigeria because they followed the "wrong" religion, you wouldn't be saying "this would have been so much worse if it happened in New Zealand".

12. Roadster

What does this have to do with me? You were complaining that the mainstream media doesn't cover Nigeria as often, and there's a clear reason why the media gave this more attention over an ethno-religious conflict in Nigeria.

The media doesn't cover a lot of stuff, an example being Hindu nationalists committing mass vigilante lynchings all around India or mass ethnic cleansing in western China. Incidents in the west will always take precedent.

So quickly forgotten that Ariana Grande was announced for a memorial concert in August? Or maybe Nicki Minaj paying tribute to the victims, in Manchester, a few days ago?

I guess if it's not covered in the news 2 years after the fact, it means it's been forgotten.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blue

Blue Rookie

Delirium is far more concerned with the news demonizing Muslims than he is about giving honest coverage to tragedies around the world.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Highspot

15. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler Donor

I agree with you saying just because it isnt mentioned 2 years later, doesn't mean it is forgotten. Sometimes people just dont want to hear about it, especially if they were involved in the incident in anyway.

Off topic but an example, a friend of mine kept forwarding me articles about OP Shal and Bari Ali. I would always delete the messages, almost immediately . He asked me what I thought about the articles . Told him I didn't read them and they were deleted instantly. He was offended and asked me why would I do that. I told him, some things and places are best left behind us. He then said he understood that I was trying to forget about those places. Told him there is no forgetting, it will always be there, you just dont want to hear about it anymore than you have to.

• Like Like x 1