1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

News Shawn Michaels stated that he does writing for NXT TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Highspot, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

WWE HOF Shawn Michaels stated that he does some of the writing for NXT but consults with Tripple H from time to time. Below is a podcast transcript which Michael's describes his role with the company.

On getting advice from Triple H:

“I was never 6’5″, 235 [lbs.]. Do you know what I mean? And a guy like Aleister [Black] or a guy like Lars, I can help them to a point, but I’ve never been a bigger type [of]guy. Many times, I have to call Hunter and ask him because he works a different style. And I don’t know. I can throw some junk out there for you because I worked with big guys, but at the same time, I know my limitations. I’ve never been a 6’8″, 300-pound dude. And so, I had Mick [Foley] in there a month or a month-and-a-half ago. And it’s just about getting them as many different ideas. It doesn’t matter to me where they come from. As long as they get better, I don’t care if it comes from the dude next door.” Michaels continued, “if they advance, and they get better, and that gets them an opportunity at the main roster, that’s what we’re there to do, to help these guys move on.”

On writing for WWE NXT TV:

“To [Triple H] and I, clearly, [NXT] is his baby, but I mean, I’m all in. Yeah, they’ve got me to hook, line, and sinker. And it’s funny because he kind of hired me like, ‘just stick your big toe in and see how you like it. Just do a couple of times a week.’ And then, of course, whatever it is, two years later, I’m full scale helping to write TVs and doing it all!” Michaels admitted, “I’m so far in, there’s no way I’m getting out and I have no desire to get out because it’s a blast. It really is.”

Source

What do you think about Shawn writing for NXT?

2. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

That's interesting. i wonder what exactly he wrote, but it's a good idea to get former wrestler's into writing for the WWE since their current crop of hollywood rejects isn't working out.

3. Davey Wrestling

Davey Wrestling Rookie

When you have a guy, any guy, that worked the territories and made his way from the bottom of the card in the big time all the way to the Wrestlemania main event writing TV and helping train the "rookies" then it can only be beneficial to both the promotion and the wrestlers involved.

When that "any guy" is one of the greatest in-ring performers of all time, a guy that proved he can do comedy to fully believable iron man matches (and everything in between) and also a guy thats seen personal highs and super-low lows in the industry.... i honestly can't think of a more experienced person to have involved in NXT. Writing or otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Cortana

Cortana Undisputed IWT World Champion Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

I'm not surprised at all, and glad that it's cconfirmed Shawn dmis involved.