1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Steiner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Morton Downey Jr, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

Is there anyone on today's WWE roster who can compare to him? I think not.

Had his body held he would have been a massive star in WWE. He had great mic skills, physical presence, good in-ring work and a fantastic look.

2. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

In-ring work was noticeably in-decline in the late 90s. I don't think he had great mic skills since he's always struggled to cut a coherent promo, but he was hella charismatic and could think on the fly to make a good insult or slogan.

3. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

The likes of Ambrose act like they are playing a character. You know he's not really crazy. Steiner convinced you that he was legitimate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Juventudinho

Steiner was mostly being himself, unlike Ambrose.

5. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Had the Steiners stuck around the WWF in the early 1990s rather than go back to WCW, i think he would have been given a decent singles run. At one point, Flair considered dropping the WCW title to him prior to their WCW to WWF transition.

6. Juventudinho

Steiner would've been stifled in the mid 90s WWE. He was a good grappler and could produce good matches, at the time, and WCW was the best organization to showcase talent. WWE was too goofy. By the time WCW stopped caring, Steiner was given the freedom to become a star and create his own gimmick.