Saturday Showcase: PAC vs Hangman Page

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain

[Edit - I originally posted this on Wednesday but given that the PPV is today, i thought it fitting to make it our Saturday Showcase...]

We know that PAC has pulled from Double or Nothing due to creative differences, but AEW have gone ahead and recorded the match anyway.

While the politics of him not being at Double or Nothing are a bad thing, the freedom that AEW have to do these things due to the way they're built as a promotion is surely a good one....

Last edited:

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
Watched this the other day so my thoughts: we already know that PAC is a: a bastard and b: on the S tier of in ring performers.

Page on the other hand has flown under my radar. Whenever he's been in New Japan he's been mid-card or less and i've just skipped his matches so this is the first time I've seen him wrestle. I knew next to nothing about him...

So I was very pleasantly suprised, he more than holds up his end of the match and comes across as a genuine star here.

We've no idea what AEW are going to look for in their top guys but I can kind of see the argument for them seeing him as a future world champ...

As for the match itself, I thought it was really good fun - the only nitpick i'd have would be that Hangman took too long to get up for his moonsault to the outside after PAC missed his, which meant PAC did the standing there waiting and looking dumb thing... but that didn't detract from anything really.

Overall: A fun match, a great way for AEW to give us something they'd promised us despite their hands becoming tied for the PPV and a nice way to warm up for Double or Nothing...