1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Sasha and Bayley Pissed At Losing Titles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Davey Wrestling, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Davey Wrestling

Davey Wrestling Stardust Genius Section Moderator

So it looks like both members of the former Womens tag champs have been very vocal about their annoyance that they're no longer the champs.

They were (apparantly) led to believe that they'd have a lengthy reign to get the titles over.

And now the belts are on the comedy duo of the IIconics....

The obvious linkage with AEW has already been made.

Any thoughts?

2. Davey Wrestling

Apparantly Sasha has told management that she won't be working next week...

3. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

I don't think the IIconics are a comedy team, but still. I do think it was a bad idea to give the titles to them.

I also think that Banks is overestimating her importance to the WWE.

4. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler Donor

I knew these titles weren't going to be taken seriously by WWE management. Hell, the RAW and SD tag titles aren't really taken seriously neither.

Anyway, bye Sasha. Take the Good Brothers and The Revival with you. Let AEW sign all of you guys so they can go ahead and be seen as TNA 2.0 by signing all the disgruntled WWE wrestlers.

I read and listened to podcasts where both Sasha and Bailey were laying in the floor of the locker room and the hotel lobby voicing (whining) about the decision. You dont want to drop the titles? Guess it worked for Bret Hart back in the day when he would whine constantly until Vince changed an outcome. Only difference is, Hart drew and sold merchandise. These cats do not.

5. Davey Wrestling

The difference would be though that, with the Revival, Sasha and Bayley, these are all really over with the same crowd that laughed at TNA for signing cast offs... they can all wrestle and are under utilised by WWE. The Revival especially would be a great fit for AEW.

Same goes for Karl Anderson who was bubbling around the IWGP Heavyweight title picture for a while there. Dude can wrestle. Gallows not so much..

6. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler Donor

If AEW were to sign Blanchard, Sasha and Bailey would be back in the same spot. They aren't special.

I used to like the Revival but the recent bitching and moaning turned me off to them. The comparisons to the Brainbusters is laughable. When I looked at Tully and Arn back in the 1980s, I saw two men I wouldn't want to fuck with. When I look at The Revival, I see just a couple of whiners who look like every other poser in a bar. I know, I know one of them is supposedly a legit badass because he sucker punched a dude that was being held by several other men, and had already had the shit kicked out of him. Let them go. AEW signs The Briscoes, they'll be where they're at now.

The Good Brothers are highly overrated. If they were not in the Bullet Club, then they would have been wrestling in the Indy scene in high school gyms. None of their matches stand out. Meng's sons are a far superior tag team. If they get signed by AEW, they will jump them and The Revival too.

7. Davey Wrestling

[​IMG]

Apparantly Kylie Rae is going to be playing the Bayley role anyway.

As for the Good Brothers being overrated... Gallows was a big man in a promotion where most guys didn't top 6'2" which is why he got over in Japan - he basically took Alberts role and did it worse.

Anderson though, Anderson can wrestle and was over in New Japan way before he started the Bullet Club with Devitt - he has both a nifty RKO and spine-buster and can mix it up with most of the technical guys in New Japan. I don't think the Good Brothers are a good fit for AEW, but Anderson could become on of the top guys there based on in-ring ability alone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

They were teaming on the indies and because they were good, they got called up to the New Japan. I think them being a mainstay in the tag team division in Japan whilst being very over in the states is a testament to how good they actually are. As far as the Guerrillas of Destiny go, I think they're an amazing tag team, but they're style is different from Anderson & Gallows but both teams are great, in their own right.