1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

NJPW SAKURA GENESIS Prediction and Discussion.

Discussion in 'International Wrestling' started by ¡Tranquilo!, Mar 27, 2018.

1. ¡Tranquilo!

¡Tranquilo! Indie Wrestler Donor

2018.04.01 SAKURA GENESIS 2018 | NEW JAPAN PRO-WRESTLING

[​IMG]

Sakura Genesis airs live on April 1st at ~3am eastern (I'll have to check it later, the time conversion is tricky)via NJPWWorld.com: 非対応端末エラー:ULIZA

Here's the card:

Young Bucks Vs. Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi

Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii Vs. Taichi and Takashi Iizuka

NEVER OPENWEIGHT 6 MAN TAG CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

Tonga Loa, Tama Tonga and Black Fale (c) Vs. Ryusuke Taguchi, Micheal Elgin and Togi Makabe.

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson and David Finlay Vs. Yoshi-Hashi, Jay White and Hirooki Goto.

Tetsuya Naito, EVIL and Sanada Vs. Killer Elite Squad and Suzuki.

IWGP Jr. TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP 3 WAY:

El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru (c) Vs. Hiromu Takahashi and Bushi Vs. Roppongi 3k

---------------------------

IWGP Jr. HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

Will Ospreay (c) Vs. Marty Scrull

Golden Lovers Vs. Cody and Hangman Page

IWGP HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH:

Kazuchika Okada (c) Vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

2. NexFlax

NexFlax Rookie

only a couple good matches on this card tbh.
    should be fun. Bucks always produce a worthwhile match no matter what. More interested in who Yujiro has to bring to the ring more than anything else here.

only interesting in seeing how Yano and Ishii team up in this. Makes for an interesting dynamic. Gonna be a lot of comedy spots between the two I'm sure.

would be better without the bullet club bros, while the other team are all good workers imo. would rather literally anyone else as champs

banger alert right here. just like every LOS match baby

really looking forward to this one, love everyone here, especially Juice.

rest of the card:
    • RPG3k will carry the match as they do
    • Osprey v Scrull will probably not be that good. couple interesting spots but neither of them can do anything psychological in the ring.
    • Golden Lovers v Cody and Page is gonna be good. Became of fan of Page after Strong Style Evolved. Golden Lovers will carry the match tho
    • Okada vs ZSJ is probably just going to be any other ZSJ match. I've always been super conflicted on whether or not i like ZSJ. He's got some great creative submissions, but I hate submission wrestling so much because there's really nothing going on. He at least knows how to wrestle well and he doesn't need to be carried or anything, but I still just get bored watching him do the same "I'm pulling your fingers back" type of stuff over and over. So I'm expecting just another New Japan Cup match with Okada obviously getting the W on this one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ¡Tranquilo!

I agree with you on Sabre. His style, while unique, gets old pretty quickly. I wish he'd add something in between the submission spots, maybe some stiff striking or something idk. That being said though I'm really excited to see what he and Okada can do and I wouldn't be too suprised if Sabre pulled an upset and ended Okada's streak...but we know Okada is keeping that belt.

4. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Since when is Sabre a Heavyweight?

5. ¡Tranquilo!

Since last years G1. I think he's always been heavyweight though.