1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

One of the highest grossing Indy events “ALL IN” sold tons of tickets (10k)

Discussion in 'Indie Wrestling' started by Highspot, May 17, 2018.

1. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

I am shocked but an Indy promotion in Chicago sold 10k and has some former wwe and other indy stars. Do you think one day indy wrestling is giving fans what they want instead of wwe? What our your thoughts?

2. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

It's not an indie promotion as much as its just a supershow that was organized by Cody Rhodes in-response to Dave Meltzer wondering whether ROH could sell-out 10k seats.

I didn't doubt that the Bullet Club + NJPW + ROH could sell-out a 10k stadium, especially in a market like Chicago.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Rookie

It's a one-off novelty show.

It won't lead to anything bigger.

4. Juventudinho

Don't think that was really the point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion Platinum

They already said there is going to be a All In 2. So it looks like it will lead to something more.

6. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Rookie

And?

The concept will eventually lose its appeal. The more shows they do, the less the tiny niche audience that them will be willing to travel them. Omega, Rhodes and The Young Bucks will never be serious draws in the west. They only appeal to a tiny niche audience.

7. WrestleRacer91

Why do they need to appeal to the mass? Wrestling is niche anyway so what does it matter?

8. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Rookie

This is a thread discussing the relevance of this event. I happen to think it isn't as relevant as some like to think it is.

The goal of a wrestler is to draw as many fans as possible. That's why drawing the masses is important.

9. Juventudinho

But they did draw the masses. Their target audience are turning out in droves.

• Like Like x 1
  10. andie

andie Piss off Ghost! D-Generation X

I was gonna go, I was in the waiting queue for at least 20 minutes. And by time I went back it was sold out. Lame

11. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Rookie

They're not the masses. They are a fringe audience.

The masses are the millions who used to watch Saturday Night's Main Event in the late 80s to see Hogan or the millions who tuned in to see the NWO and Steve Austin during the Monday Night Wars.

12. WrestleRacer91

The people who saw Hogan in the 80s and Austin in the 90s are not the same people. Nor are the people who watch now. The people now are the grandchildren of the people in the 80s.

13. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Rookie

They were the masses at the time though. As they represented a chunk of the general audience.

Those who are travelling to watch this crap are a niche audience. They will never draw the wider audience.

14. Juventudinho

Doesn't WWE struggle to get 10,000k for shows?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Rookie

Not for Wrestlemania.

This is essentially the indie version of Wrestlemania. The fans are committed to going but there isn't that many of them really. Certainly not enough spread over the company to sustain a weekly national TV deal or a regular touring schedule.

16. Juventudinho

Give this show a $500,000,000 budget like Mania and it'd probably outsell Mania.

17. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Rookie

It wouldn't.

It would hit its ceiling at about 15-20k at most. And if they decided to do a follow-up, it would draw even less.

18. Juventudinho

Super indy shows like this sell out 5-10k seaters all the time. I can see it easily doing upwards of 30k in the right market and venue.

19. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Rookie

It's a niche audience of dorks that spend all their money travelling to these shows.

20. Juventudinho

I do think they're dorks, but they're fans and usually affluent. I've met more people that watch indy wrestling than those that watch WWE, and I live in Chicago.