Official Nomination Thread: Individuals

Davey Wrestling

PWF Prediction Champion [V2]
Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the official 2019 nominations thread for individuals.

Please use this thread to nominate the individuals that you believe should be inducted into the PWF Hall of Fame this year.

Restrictions on nominations:

Nominations must be at least 40 years old or retired from active wrestling.
Nominations must be backed up with reasons. If no reasons are given for a nominated name then tthat name will be discarded.
Nominations in this thread must fall into one of the following categories.
  • Singles Wrestlers
  • Managers/Valets
  • None Wrestling Personalities
  • Celebrities

Each member of the forum can make up to eight nominations for "individuals".

So, who ya got?

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Steve Austin - One of the biggest stars in wrestling history, one of the most popular in history, one of the most iconic in history and saved the WWE from extinction.

Davey Wrestling

Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
My first four is my Mount Rushmore.... These guys are what hooked me and kept me hooked:

1. Mr Perfect Curt Hennig: My first favourite, an outstanding athlete and his heel tactics just made sense to me.
2. Bret Hart: Then Summerslam '91 happened and this guys rise was a phenomenon. And he beat Perfect on the way to the top.
3. Eddie Guerrero: So SO good at everything. Easily the most entertaining guy of his era. I cried when I watched Raw and Smackdown on the week he died. I won't mention how old I was then.
4. CM Punk. Heel Punk is the best heel since Vince McMahon. Punk in Chicago was something else. That MITB is one of my favourite shows of all time

WrestleRacer91

Heavyweight Champion
Dec 31, 2017
Pennsylvania
#1. The Rock
- Reason: He is the reason I am a professional wrestling fan. Face or heel to me, there is no one better. Period.

#2. Steve Austin
- Reason: He is the Attitude Era. Without him the WWE might not be here today.

#3. Bret Hart
- Reason: Bret in my opinion is the greatest pro wrestler of all time. He may not have been amazing on the mic but he was amazing in between the 20 by 20 ropes.

#4. Randy Savage
- Reason: Going back and watching Randy Savage in his prime just goes to show how great of a wrestler he was. Hell, all these years later people still mimic his promos and voice. How many wrestlers have that kind of connection to the fans?

#5. Kurt Angle
- Reason: Just the fact that Angle made other guys on the forums list goes to show how great Kurt was and still is. He's definitely
one of the greatest pro wrestling athletes of all time and he truly was a wrestling machine.

#6. Triple H
- Reason: He doesn't have the moniker "The Game", "The King of Kings", "The Ceribal Assassin" ""

#7. Shawn Michaels
- Reason: I may personally not like him or but I can't deny he is one hell of a professional wrestler. So why not put him in my voting?

#8. The Undertaker
- Reason: There's a reason he had 21 WrestleMania victories in a row. He's a legend and deserves to be in PWF's Hall of Fame?

Davey Wrestling

Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2018
Top of the mountain
Two more from me:

Chris Jericho: he's managed to keep himself relevant for 20 plus years through multiple changes of persona and always been nothing less than entertaining. His "best in the world at what I do" iteration is maybe the best character of the past 15 years BUT more importantly than that, his choice of promotion has always been (in hindsight) a damned good indicator of the next hot promotion will be, and maybe thats because of Jericho being there... i think theres an argument for Jericho being one of the most important wrestlers of all time.

AJ Styles This dude just keeps getting better and better. The stand out in TNA even when they wouldnt acknowledge it, questions were asked about him when he left and went to New Japan but he just proved how good he really was. IMO the best in ring performer of the past 10 years, when his music hits you KNOW youre going to see something special.

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
Really tough question
1. Hulk Hogan- I think if not all but most were drawn to wrestling by him and I was a huge fan. "Training, prayers, and vitamins.

2.) Jake the Snake Roberts- Most brilliant mind in wrestling and he just made you want to hate him with his snakes. I always thought he should have one a belt but in hinesight, he really never needed a belt to be over with the fans.

3. Rob Van Dam- I guess everyone knows I am a huge mark for his work. I like that he is original and his moves are so unique. I thought he could do a good interview as well but again he had a pretty good career.

4.) Andre the Giant- He is larger than life, a true Giant that could move so well up until he got older. Watching him in battle Hogan in Wrestlemania 4 was amazing. I have never seen anything like it and probably never will.

WrestleRacer91

Heavyweight Champion
Dec 31, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hulk Hogan- I think if not all but most were drawn to wrestling by him and I was a huge fan. "Training, prayers, and vitamins.
Hogan and Flair are already in our HoF lol.

But I agree with your other picks. :)

Reactions: Highspot

Death Rider

andie/shadow
Super Moderator
D-Generation X
Sep 30, 2017
Eddie Guerrero-
No matter what role he was given he always played it to perfection, from underdog loveable babyface to despicable heel. He legitimately got people to hate him.

Had a passion for the business like very few had. Not many WWE stars would go to lower promotions to work with up and coming guys, but he loved to do it.

Has some of the most memorable moments and matches. Between him, Lesnar, Angle, Benoit, etc he was a pivotal role in establishing Smackdown for years and years. Was one of the key reasons I looked forward to Smackdown more than Raw week after week.

He’ll always be my favorite wrestler of all time, and I still tear up watching his tribute video to this day.

Reactions: Highspot

Highspot

Failure is not an option
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
Eddie Guerrero-
No matter what role he was given he always played it to perfection, from underdog loveable babyface to despicable heel. He legitimately got people to hate him.

Had a passion for the business like very few had. Not many WWE stars would go to lower promotions to work with up and coming guys, but he loved to do it.

Has some of the most memorable moments and matches. Between him, Lesnar, Angle, Benoit, etc he was a pivotal role in establishing Smackdown for years and years. Was one of the key reasons I looked forward to Smackdown more than Raw week after week.

He’ll always be my favorite wrestler of all time, and I still tear up watching his tribute video to this day.
Here is a match that I went to when Eddie was released from WWF. I was so fucking pissed they chanted out DWI but New York fans are rough and shitty sometimes. A great match for him and Low Ki. It's in three parts if anyone cares to see it.