1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to PWF!
    Join now to talk about WWE, NJPW, ROH, PROGRESS and a wide array of off-topic discussions. Join the best wrestling forum around!
    Dismiss Notice

Most successful NXT call-ups?

Discussion in 'NXT' started by Juventudinho, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Estou Pronto Administrator

Who are the most successful NXT call-ups?

I think the obvious ones are Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns even though everyone besides Rollins was barely featured on NXT.

Another call-up that has been fairly successful would probably be Big E or Owens. Big E had the best merch rates but that was partly due to Woods and Kingston. I would say Woods but he was just the hitchhiker member until 2017. As for Owens, he held the Universal title for 6 months, had multiple IC and US title reigns and has been a major headliner for either brand since August of last year.

2. Juventudinho

Actually, I think statistically it's obviously Roman Reigns. But popularity-wise it's been either Owens or Rollins. Rollins has accomplished a lot from his developmental days up until now, but he hasn't really held a midcard title with the emphasis on that midcard title. As for Owens, he's held the midcard titles and the main title and has a major fan following and is consistently one of the top names at the shows.

So it depends on what way you look at it. If you're looking at WWE's statistical data, then it's Reigns. If you're looking at reality based popularity then it's either Owens or Rollins. The only thing splitting Owens and Rollins is title reigns in specific divisions. Owens has held more midcard titles while Rollins has held Tag Titles. Overall, Owens has probably been "on-top" longer but that may be due to this lack of long-standing injuries.

3. andie

andie Piss off Ghost!

I think limiting it to NXT as the show it became would be a more intriguing look at things, considering Roman and Dean weren’t technically apart of NXT.

Out of the call ups so far, Owens has easily became the most successful one. Looking at things, him and Finn are the only two NXT call ups to even win a World Title. Crazy to think about considering the amount that has came out of the NXT Brand.

4. Juventudinho

Rollins and Wyatt as well. Mahal too if you consider his 6 month stint in the beginning as him being an NXT guy.

5. Indy

Indy Indie Wrestler Platinum

''most successful NXT call-up'' oh you mean half the fuckin roster

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Juventudinho

What'd you even mean. I'd say the majority of NXT call ups haven't had a lick of success. Some have had minor success and a slim minority have had recognizable success.

7. Indy

66 of the 105 wrestlers in WWE right now are from NXT, that's 62.9% of the entire roster. To say ''who's the most successful NXT call-up'' is pretty much saying ''outside of Cena, Lesnar and Styles, who's the most successful?'' The majority haven't had success, yeah, but would you expect WWE to have 33 main event/upper midcard guys just from NXT alone? They've made a handful of stars because having a roster full of stars is impossible. It's a dumb fucking thread, is my point. And you're a garbage human being. #UNBAN_ME_WWEF

8. Juventudinho

Are you fucking retarded?

I'm not expecting there to be 33 main events, it's simple fucking question. Of the people who graduated from the 2012-Present NXT classes, who has done the most/best for themselves. Yeah, there's a lot of fucking people that came from NXT but that still doesn't skew the goddamn question of who from that crop of talent has done the best. Especially if you consider the expectations for the NXT call-ups tends to be high.

9. Indy

LQ stuff imo please up your content next time thanks

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. DK JAMES

DK JAMES Indie Wrestler Donor

Kevin Owens imo. Was nervous his character would be used incorrectly when he went to WWE, but he's been perfect in every way to me. Already has been involved in many top tier storylines and has a nice list of accomplishments under his belt so far.

11. Juventudinho

That's what I was thinking, but Rollins (since we're excluding Reigns and Ambrose) probably had the stronger 1st year, overall tho.

Owens defeated Cena clean, and won the IC title. That's realy good and he ended up winning the Universal title just over a year later, but if you look at Rollins - he was undefeated, defeated numerous big stars, and held the tag titles and led one of the best feuds of the year with the Rhodes brothers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Intercontinental Champion Platinum

Right now, I'd have to say Kevin Owens but I hope Nakamura can and will take that spot in the future.

13. Title Fight

Title Fight Trainee

I think Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, and Charlotte.

14. James

James SWITCHBLADE

Owens and Rollins, for sure. Do Reigns and Ambrose count? They weren't on NXT TV much. Maybe once or twice each. I hope Nakamura really picks up speed. He was easily my favourite guy up until he joined NXT. The match with Zayn was awesome, but he has done shit since then and I mean, I can't blame him for takin it easy. Why go all out when you're feuding with fuckin Jinder Mahal of all people? I hope wins the Rumble and midcards Wrestlemania vs. AJ coz ain't no way they main eventing over Reigns vs. Lesnar or whoever Triple H inserts himself into a feud with.