1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Personal Midterms

Discussion in 'Personal, Serious, Interests & Debates' started by Juventudinho, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Those who are eligible to vote, who are you looking to vote for and why? State governorships, senate, house and state legislation seats up for grabs. Who's got your vote?

2. Punk

Punk Get the Strap! Platinum D-Generation X

Aren't you voting?

3. Juventudinho

2 months late to the party, sadly.

4. Juventudinho

GOP gonna win Senate, again

Democrats gonna win the House, it appears.

Lots of governorships flipped too.

5. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Hoping Georgia stays red. The Democratic Nominee scares the piss out of me. Should have been over but ya know, NAACP is getting involved and even had polls in "Certain Areas" extended by 3 hours last night.

We have had one of the strongest economies in the World, and are one of the states who could survive on its on. Why vote in someone whose plans would increase taxes to $13,000 a person on average? Hell, I already shell out close to $30,000 a year in taxes. Don't get me started on how bad my health insurance rates went up when the ACA was signed.

Earned my MBA before I was 24, with no student loans, and most of my pay check goes to a tyrannical government. Why put someone in who wants to give the government more power?

6. Juventudinho

Is it true that Brian Kemp was overseeing his own election whilst running for governor

7. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

The Secretary of State oversees the elections within a state. He is the current Sec of State in Georgia. He caught a lot of grief from both sides about not resigning even before the GOP primaries.

8. Juventudinho

Brian Kemp seems like an ass, all round, imo.

9. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I can agree he should have stepped down as SOS prior to the election, but other than that...

How so? Is it because he has the (R) next to his name rather than the (D)? Or is there another reason?

10. Juventudinho

Anyone who puts out that ad with his pickup is automatically an ass

11. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I disagree with you. So does close to 40% of the Hispanic voters in Georgia. Shocking huh? They vote against the Democratic party.

Most have traditional conservative values. Also many feel "Illegal Immigration" us a huge problem. Notice Kemp said "Illegal" in his ad? Meaning that it is a crime?

So let's focus on that ad, and ignore the "Armed" black panther party that showed up near polling stations in Metro Atlanta (wonder why they didn't do that where a huge Libertarian population lived?). Let's ignore the $22 Million used on the Democratic Nominee by outside of state donors. Let's ignore that she said she would try to pass legislation to confiscate firearms from law abiding citizens. How well did that work out in Waco and Ruby Ridge? Would her constituent base volunteer to perform an unlawful act because guess who said they wouldn't?

In a perfect world, we would have voted in the Libertarian candidate. However, this is America and we only have two legit parties to vote for at the moment. Although the Libertarian almost got 1% of the votes.

12. Juventudinho

I wasn't talking about the subject of the commercial, I was talking about how cringey the presentation was. Playing to macho conservative stereotypes is like Hilary Clinton having rappers play at her rallies. It's cringey.

Also, Stacey Abrams raised $16,357,902.52, $9,239,986.14 of which came from in-state donations compared to $7,117,266.38 that came from out-of-state donations. It's true that she raised a hell of a lot more in out-of-state donations, compared to Kemp, but she didn't even raise $22 million in total let alone only in out-of-state donations.

Also I don't think the Waco and Ridge sieges are exactly the greatest examples of of "law abiding citizens" and the government taking their arms. Either way, I didn't have a bone to pick in this election. I didn't really mind what happened, except for the fact that Kemp had an extremely obvious conflict of interest that seemed to be widely ignored. If people in Georgia voted for Kemp, more power to 'em.

source for those numbers btw

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  13. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Ah, so I was off by about $5.5 million. Interesting that the source you provided listed the donors. I see the Nazi Sympathizer is listed on there. I thought someone was pulling my leg with that one. Makes me not feel as dirty voting for Kemp now. Fuck Abrams for accepting that pigs money. That's coming from someone whose family were survivors of the war. Some didn't survive neither.

14. Juventudinho

I thought you said that she raised $22 Million in out-of-state funds?

Also, who is a nazi sympathizer?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  15. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

I’d vote the Lib party, I don’t even know who the candidate is though. All I see are ads for Stacy Abrams, but Kemp signs are everywhere. Lotta business have been putting his name on their LED boards. But it’s hard to back someone who is so morally backwards.

Then again, I’m finding out that it’s common to think climate change is propaganda around here recently. That’s pretty wild

16. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

You seriously don't know about Soros? In one of his interviews he confirmed that he did assist Nazis during the war. Guess what he was doing. Come on guess. What makes it even worse is he is Jewish himself.

17. Juventudinho

Was he a guard at a concentration camp?

18. TNHBrah

TNHBrah Rookie

Stop spreading bullshit

Again, stop spreading bullshit

19. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Motherfucker, it ain't bullshit if its listed on the Website he posted and the other part was in the news too.

Bernie lost, bro. Get over it

#Fuckyafeelingsbitch

20. Juventudinho

I think TNH's point was about whether Soros was a Nazi, not that he contributed to Abrams.

Also on Soros: George Soros was around 11-14 years old during Germany's occupation of Hungary. His parents purchased fake documents that listed them as Christians, and for extra protections they paid someone to be his legal god father. His legal guardian was apart of a unit that was tasked with expropriating land from Jews and other targeted groups. It should be known that his hired god father also had a Jewish wife, and other Jewish family members that he was helping.

I don't think saying George Soros "assisted" is a good way of putting it. You can say he was complicit, and that he didn't fight back. However, he was a child, likely fearing for his life and doing what his parents told him to make sure he and his entire family didn't die a miserable death.

Also,