1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Lucha Libre Lucha Libre thread

Discussion in 'International Wrestling' started by Roadster, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Roadster

Roadster Il Capitano Administrator

I love Lucha Libre. Probably my favorite type of wrestling.

Use this thread to discuss Lucha Underground, CMLL and AAA.

2. NexFlax

NexFlax Rookie

I loved watching AAA growing up so i have small soft spot for the Lucha. Gonna be checking out this show tonight since my good buddy Vinnie Massaro is on the card. Negro Casas is injured so idk if that'll affect his match tonight. It's a fatal 4 way so he could just go soft and keep it easy i suppose. Either way, looks like a fun show.
    [​IMG]
    here's their twitch for the show Twitch

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roadster

For those interested in getting into lucha libre - there's 3 big promotions.

AAA - The mainstream outlet. They tend to have American-style storylines. They also tend to have more traditional matches and set-ups. It's basically watching WWE. Their talent is a mixture of home-grown, foreign and other talent from other promotions. They have a lot of veterans, but most of them aren't that big of a deal in major storylines. You're bound to find some amazing talent that tend to be seen in the USA.

CMLL - The traditional outlet. Their matches are 2/3 falls, with single falls matches being a special attraction and known as Lightning matches. They have some of the most prestigious veterans in the game like Atlantis, Blue Panther, and Negro Casas. They tend to have a much more tight knit roster. They also run a touring schedule so you may not always see the same faces. CMLL is in a partnership with NJPW so you can see younger NJPW guys re-working their style and gimmick like Kamaitachi.

IWRG - I don't really watch this, but it's a viable 3rd option. It's much more grittier and is a mixture of classic matches and lackluster feuds. They tend to fight for younger talent, but occasionally attract a large star like Caristico, but its only a matter of time before they ditch like Caristico.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Roadster

5. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion

I never could get into lucha type matches. They've never really interested me.

@Juventudinho post a match that you think could change my mind.

6. Roadster

I’ll look for one in a bit

7. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

Old but good

8. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion

I've actually seen that match. It's not bad but nothing special in my opinion.

9. Roadster

Background: Atlantis (top face in CMLL) v. Ultimo Guerrero (heel) in the main event of CMLL's biggest show of the year in 2014. Mask v. Mask, between two legends. It's a best of 3 match (like all regular CMLL matches).

Apart of a series between these two, and it's considered one of the best rivalries and series of matches in modern Lucha history. This is their last one, I believe. It's a 1 fall match, which is called a Lightning match in CMLL.

10. Cortana

Cortana Undisputed IWT World Champion Super Moderator The Four Horsemen

Been thinking about getting into Lucha Libre again. Thinking about checking out CMLL, how's it been lately?

11. Roadster

CMLL tends to be pretty slow during the summer, mostly because AAA hosts Triplemania in August. Their September show, the anniversary show, is an amazing show though.

I'd recommend watching Guerrero v. Atlantis, above.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jay the Oddity

Jay the Oddity Indie Wrestler The Four Horsemen

Triple A's Triplemania XXV will be live and free on Twitch. English and Esponal Pre-show begins at 5 CST with the main show at 8 CST.

13. Roadster

Is it tonight?

I don't think I want to watch it live, they had some serious issues last year with the live stream.

14. Jay the Oddity

Yes, it is tonight, and that is fair.

15. Jay the Oddity

The show went just fine. It was a little laggy in beginning, but they fixed it. Triplemania was great a solid 9/10 and it had a lot of unexpected wins. Also, MAD is awesome.

• Like Like x 1