1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Jim Cornette's longtime co-host, Alice Radley, just quit his podcast

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Highspot, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Highspot

Highspot Failure is not an option Administrator

[​IMG]

Jim's Cornette's view on this seen here

Any thoughts on this?

2. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

I listened to Jim's podcast today, and from what I'm gathering she left because she was getting trolled hard by fans. You gonna be in the public eye, you gotta learn to accept the criticism that comes from the public.

Not going to miss her. She mainly just talks politics, and I usually turn off a podcast when they start discussing those topics.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Highspot

I found her to be annoying and I think she may have wanted more money just my 2 cents.

4. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

She left a long time ago, I’m fairly certain

5. Swamps

Swamps Indie Wrestler

Money could have been something too. Cornett touched on comments where people accused him of not paying. He went on to say he paid her a few hundred a month.

6. AidsJohnson

AidsJohnson Indie Wrestler

See this is how you do it, i'll read and respond in a new post in a minute. Really i'm not trying to be a dick, but you can see the difference in threads themselves based on being to read and respond here as opposed to reading their article with a one line header. This is great.

7. AidsJohnson

is that a bad thing? She probably wasn't paid well enough to deal with the drama and nonsense.

As someone who worked in pawnbroking, it's easy when you have a seriously tough/rough community to deal with, to get jaded on humans in general. Also, the way Cornette stated how he told her not to take it seriously, people can be fucking mean. It takes a tough skin, and some serious skin in the game IMO to make it worthwhile to be a voice in the wrestling fangirl community, especially with someone like Cornette. It'd be like someone soft going to work and having an argument during a critical political right-work show with the host on Fox news. Weekly.

I'm not saying it's not a great option, but she most likely is going to take her experience and help out a podcast she can spend her worktime enjoying. And when the people on the IWC find out where that new podcast is, they will be douchebags there just to prove a point. Tell me I'm wrong.

8. andie

andie rockerboy Super Moderator D-Generation X

If you're affiliated with Cornette, you better be ready to take that shit. She might've said some unpopular opinions, dunno. But the mere fact she was apart of his podcast was enough for people to completely dog on her. Surprised she didn't know what she was getting into tbh

• Like Like x 1
  9. AidsJohnson

If you were in her position, would you turn down the opportunity because of internet trolls if you didn't realize how bad they really can be?

She probably was sold on the fact she might look the role of "face" within the podcast, it's just people love heel Cornette so much, there really is no way to win as his sidekick.

10. andie

You don't have to look far to see toxicity on the internet though. She must've had a Twitter before she accepted that role, she could easily see just how bad some people are. Just probably didn't realize wrestling fans can be a step above when it comes to toxicity. The majority of fans are utter trash, at least online.

I don't doubt she saw a small opportunity, but she had to have known what she was getting into. Just a little bit

11. Highspot

The reason why I posted it like that is if I were to copy the article and add the source google would view it as duplicate content. If you want me to do a screenshot I can for articles but sometimes they are too long.

12. Juventudinho

You can just summarize the article in 1-2 sentences in a Quote box and then link the full source in a hyperlink. That’s how I do it, anyways.

13. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

Radley was terrible at her job.

That being said she had a point about wrestling fans. They are a bunch of weirdos for the most part.

14. Juventudinho

She doesn't watch wrestling tho

15. Morton Downey Jr

Morton Downey Jr Indie Wrestler

And?

She interacted with wrestling fans and found them weird. She had a point.

16. Juventudinho

She was bullied online by wrestling fans. You're not above that, either.

17. andie

You wrestling fans are pretty weird, yeah.