Jay the Oddity

Indie Wrestler
The Four Horsemen
Jul 18, 2018
Growing up Jerry Lawler was my favorite just because I watched my dad's old Memphis Wrestling tapes that he taped way back in the day. I still enjoy his matches that I find on Youtube and his feud with Kerry Von Erich is underrated.

Swamps

Indie Wrestler
Donor
Jul 22, 2018
Atlanta
Interesting fact. The Terry Funk vs Jerry Lawler match was the first match Meltzer gave a five star rating.

Man, The King was awesome before he got to WWE, and he was great when he got to the E. Watching some of his old promos or the Kings Court was hilarious. The Kings Court with Luger and the one with Owen Hart really stood out to me. Also, the first night he wrestled on RAW, he kept refusing to wrestle because the fans kept chanting Burger King at him was freaking great. His feud with Bret is also legendary.

Cortana

Undisputed IWT World Champion
Super Moderator
The Four Horsemen
Jul 22, 2018
PWF Database

That crowd reaction for the match is INSANE. The fact that they would climb the cage to try and stop them or go in there just shows how much people loved Lawler's character. Austin Idol is such a legendary heel. And Jerry could be used on either side of the coin and get results.

Reactions: Jay the Oddity

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America

That crowd reaction for the match is INSANE. The fact that they would climb the cage to try and stop them or go in there just shows how much people loved Lawler's character. Austin Idol is such a legendary heel. And Jerry could be used on either side of the coin and get results.
I might have to watch that match later this week.