Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
Why don't young wrestler watch tape on him? Multiple historians and experts have commented on how great a worker he was. Young wrestlers today just copy the ROH style that is moronic and hasn't drawn a dime. It's idiotic.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Lawler's style is the Southern style that was popular in Memphis, Georgia and in the general Mid-South/Smokey Mountain territory.

Considering every company that was built on that style went out of business, it's safe to say his style is fairly outdated and won't attract new fans as much as popping the old ones.

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
Lawler's style is the Southern style that was popular in Memphis, Georgia and in the general Mid-South/Smokey Mountain territory.

Considering every company that was built on that style went out of business, it's safe to say his style is fairly outdated and won't attract new fans as much as popping the old ones.
Lawler was a better heel in the mid 90s than any of the "heels" today.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
Owen, bret and their overweight brothers vs Lawler and his midget friends the classic

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
So you don't trust their judgement, but then you do trust their judgement

Seems the gimmick is finally catching up eh
I don't trust their judgement.

But you do. Which blows holes in your "Lawler was crap in 1993, push the cruiserweights" narrative.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
I never said I trust their judgement. I'm indifferent on them.

Cortana

Undisputed IWT World Champion
Super Moderator
The Four Horsemen
Jul 22, 2018
PWF Database
Eh I don't actually dislike him. Was gonna check out his feud with Brickhouse Brown tonight. Lawler wasn't bad at being a heel too when it came to it. Not gonna bash Zayn to try and prove a point though.

WrestleRacer91

Heavyweight Champion
Dec 31, 2017
Pennsylvania
Why don't young wrestler watch tape on him? Multiple historians and experts have commented on how great a worker he was. Young wrestlers today just copy the ROH style that is moronic and hasn't drawn a dime. It's idiotic.
Who said they don't watch tape?

How has a company that's been around since 2002 not draw a dime? Makes no sense...

Morton Downey Jr

Indie Wrestler
Feb 7, 2018
Who said they don't watch tape?

How has a company that's been around since 2002 not draw a dime? Makes no sense...
ROH has never drawn serious money. Without structures that Cornette put into place they would have gone under.

Only a small bunch of nerds with too much time of their hands keep them in business. It sucks.

Roadster

Il Capitano
Administrator
Sep 29, 2017
United States of America
ROH has never drawn serious money. Without structures that Cornette put into place they would have gone under.

Only a small bunch of nerds with too much time of their hands keep them in business. It sucks.
They were bought out by Sinclair in like 2010, when Cornette was still a producer for their TV show, and are relative billionaires so nah they wouldn't have gone under nor have they been under threat of going under since 2004.