1. Welcome to PWF!
    CLICK ON THE YELLOW BUTTON to sign up and talk about WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW and so much more!
    Dismiss Notice

Is SmackDown on par with RAW?

Discussion in 'SmackDown LIVE!' started by Juventudinho, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Juventudinho

Juventudinho Il Capitano Administrator

Do you think the general consensus among both casuals and marks is that SmackDown is on-par with RAW?

I don't think so. Most mainstream shows list Monday as the main day for wrestling, and it's odd considering SmackDown is a larger part of the English lexicon.

What'd you think?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion Platinum

SmackDown on par with SmackDown? lol

Nah, Raw has been and always will be the wrestling show. Now at times I've enjoyed SD quite a bit but that's been more than a decade ago.

3. Juventudinho

I always enjoy Smackdown, compared to RAW.

4. andie

andie Piss off Ghost! D-Generation X

Smackdown was better than Raw in almost every aspect from 2003-2007, both tanked shortly afterwards though. I probably enjoy Smackdown better than Raw these days as well, I don’t watch either live but Smackdown just feels easier to digest. And if Braun, Elias, Miz, or Joe ain’t in a segment than Raw isn’t worth a damn really.

The same can apply for SD and certain stars sure, but I tend to click on more of SD’s segments than Raw’s.

5. Punk

Punk Commissioner Platinum D-Generation X

SmackDown was always the better show until they blended the brands together.
    But one would think if they had it on a Monday Night, would it do better?

6. Juventudinho

It would be virtually the same as RAW. I imagine the fact that it's on Tuesday, it's shorter and tends to be a little more relaxed is the reason people enjoyed it and enjoy it more. RAW is much higher production.

7. Punk

Punk Commissioner Platinum D-Generation X

I meant in terms of ratings.
    Is it the product that makes people tune in or just the night.

8. Juventudinho

I tune in because I feel a little different not watching RAW on a Monday. Just something I always did as a kid, and kinda continued to do later on.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WrestleRacer91

WrestleRacer91 Heavyweight Champion Platinum

This.